About a month and a half to 2 months ago I've bought a Les Paul, so today I decided to get new strings, I'm into detuning the guitar so I bought some "Not Even Slinky" Ernie Ball strings. I put on the low E string to see how it played, it sounded a little different, but I'm guessing it might be a different kind of material the string is made out of, but when I played it along with the A string, it sounded pretty bad, is this because the string isn't "meant" for the Les Paul or because I put it on wrong or what? Because I'm pretty sure I put the string on right. Any ideas why?

Oh and the new string gauges are:

24P (I don't know what the P is for)
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Last edited by andrew12398 at Mar 6, 2007,
Well new strings always stretch to a point, was it out of tune bad or what?
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
I don't know, the gauges seem to be a bit of difference if that has some effect on it, which I'm guessing it does?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Oh yeah. Take that guitar in and have it set up. You'll warp the neck and all kinds of crazy stuff that isn't good if you don't adjust the truss rod.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B