I only play guitar sitting down. Although. I can play blindfolded so i was just wondering, if i were to sit down blindfolded play all my riffs not perfectly of coarse but still play them good. You think it would be a good gimmick?
In front of your friends/family, or on stage?

I don't think it would go over very well on stage, since it'd be a very boring show to watch. If you;re trying to impress your friends and family though, it would work well.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by SillyRabbit
I only play guitar sitting down. Although. I can play blindfolded so i was just wondering, if i were to sit down blindfolded play all my riffs not perfectly of coarse but still play them good. You think it would be a good gimmick?

for 1 song (a slow chill number) on stage it would work if the song was somewhat complex and you nailed it dead on. but if you're not playing perfectly i wouldn't even try it. i recommend getting a strap and learning to play standing.
i can play standing bro. I just dont i sit on my bed, its where all my thoughts seem to go. Its my bed of complex thoughts. Iunno i dont like standing too much but w/e i prefer sitting much more comfterable and i can show more emotion through playing that way.
dn't do it at a show, unless it is at a party and you are off your head on 6 or 7 different kinds of drugs (including alcahol and glue)
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
I agree with Jackgnat, it seems kind of arrogant to think people want to come to the show to see you play well. Our bass player thought sitting was more comfortable too, which it is, but still a guitar isn't that heavy just don't be a pussy and stand up. I suppose it depends what type of music you're playing, if it's like slow acoustic stuff you could get by sitting down, but if its a rock show you should deffinately be up and moving around.
ive always wanted to play the "hello kitty" strat, completely thrash on it, and then trash it... but thats just me
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
70's Silverface Bassman Amp
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Deathmetal Pedal
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
yeah I always play sitting down. and i always look at my fretboard so i can stay in control.
Quote by rossj90
ive always wanted to play the "hello kitty" strat, completely thrash on it, and then trash it... but thats just me

Yea. I want to do that to. My band is heavier rock, so I'd walk out on stage with a pink Hello Kitty guitar, and play a kick ass first song, then switch back to my Les Paul for the rest of the show. Maybe the HKS for the last song.

Quote by RadioHead22
well try a gimick like my bands. we give out dildos at shows
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
^

And people come back to watch? Like, both genders, or just lesbians?

Quote by RadioHead22
oh both genders it's funny last person we gave one out to was a 12 year old boy
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by rossj90

Nice! I want to play a show with that guitar too! I wouldn't trash it though, I would try to act like it's my regular guitar.
Quote by Jearl
i guess it would be pretty cool if your riffs covered the entire fretboard, but if its just your basic pentonic shape, nobody will really care

People who don't know anything about the guitar will think it's "awesome", but guitar players will yawn.

if you need to blindfold yourself to get people to come see you, write better music.