what effect would electrical tape have on the guitar cause i wanted to put some stripes on my white epiphone les paul special II to make it my own style. and i have paint for painting model cars and i was wondering could i use that paint to paint on the guitar?
i have electrical tape stripes on one of my guitars... it works fine... but if ur talkin about that paint that comes in the little glass bottles.. dont use it, get a nice spray paint, and use masking tape to tape it off.
Do what you want, the difference will be negligible on the finish on those guitars.
negligible???? and its not glass bottles its acrylic paint i think and its in plastic bottles. right now i got silver, red, and shiny black. shiny colors all of em. should i paint with that or get spraypaint.
He isnt? He isnt? He isnt?.....He ****ing is.....and spraypaint read a sticky on refinishing for god sake.......dont do evh.....
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
Electrical tape is easy to form into curves, so one would think it would make a good masking tape. Nope. It is too thick, so the paint tends to flow up against the edge and leave a very thick buildup at the edge. A thinner masking tape (the green painters tape) is best.
i still got a question on painting it, should i use the acrylic paint from the plastic tubes?
Quote by Gorre
i still got a question on painting it, should i use the acrylic paint from the plastic tubes?

If you even have to ask that, you shouldn't be even thinking of taking a air brush (or a normal brush, God forbid) anywhere near your guitar. Read the tutorials on ReRanch before you ask fairly silly questions.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Ok first you wanted to put all gold hardware on, then you wanted to change the pickups, and now you want to paint your guitar? Dude seriously, learn to play it first.
i can play it, but like i know im gonna be playing this one till im old lol thats how much i like the guitar i have.
Quote by Gorre
i can play it, but like i know im gonna be playing this one till im old lol thats how much i like the guitar i have.

Whats you amp?It seems like your spending three or four times the price of the guitar to dress it up. ITs a waste.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
behringer v-tone II amp, and im not spending money, i already had the tape and paint, i havent put paint on yet or whatever. im geting a radioshack mp50 amp soon.
You obviously cant play it, he doesnt mean play it like that he means play it well.

IMO you hsoul djust give it some time before you add stickers, tape dodgy paint whatever, eventually you'll see the problem.
You'll buy a decent guitar and amp you'll mature your tastes. dont waste money to polish shit.
Threadstarter, I strongly doubt that you're capable of being able to refinish your guitar. To disprove me and everyone else in this thread, tell us the steps of refinishing a guitar.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Gorre
im not gonna be able to get a new guitar for 2 yearsso yeh

Stick with this one without any crazy modifications to the looks and then see if you want to do the same.
Behringer? Radioshack??? What has the world come to?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by Gorre
lol

Umm, it wasn't a joke. You have to see that we are only discouraging you because there's a 99% chance you're going to fuck a perfectly fine guitar. We're only trying to stop you from doing something you will regret.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
im not gonna do something ill regret, im getting a new amp, im customizing the guitar with electrical tape, no paint, because i dont know how the hell to paint it lol. im also customizing with gold hardware.
hehe, i just wanted my own style like since i dont got money for a custom guitar that looks good like a gibson custom or anything, i just did what iwanted.