I'm looking to buy a new guitar very soon, and am looking to spend around £1000. I've had my eye on a gorgeous Fender Deluxe American Strat (ash body) with the S-1 switching, which is what seems to have made me swing towards wanting that more than anything. I've spoken to loads of people, though, and they've all said that I'd be silly to spend that much on a Strat. Loads of people have said that a Mexican Strat is just as good, but I can't get around it not having the S-1! Everything about the Deluxe American Strat was great, but I thought the S-1 just seemed too amazing. Does anyone actually own one of these? What's it like to live with? Or could anybody recommended a better guitar for this money?

Cheers.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

Last edited by tilleking at Mar 6, 2007,
Whats s1 switching? I nub.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Whats s1 switching? I nub.

S-1 switching "fuses" two of the pickups together to make it work as a humbucker. It's really awesome, because you can keep the traditional look of the Strat and keep that bluesy pickup and also change it to something much crunchier, meaning it's REALLY flexible..

Well, what style do you play?

I play a variation of styles - I'm in an Indie/Alternative band and play rhythym and lead occasionally, and in another band where I do pretty much the same thing, only we're play more 'rock-based' stuff. Though those are the bands I'm in, my passion lies with the blues... and that's what attracted me to this Strat - I could play heavy stuff in my bands that I'm currently in, and play bluesy stuff at home, or in a blues band (which I hope I'll be able to start at some point).
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?