ok, yes i know there is a only religion thread, but im making this thraed for a shout out to those who are muslims, cause i need to talk to a muslim right NOW.

so please, if you are a muslim PM me! i need your help! i have a big situation that only a muslim can help me.
Quote by Alix_D
Why don't you just telephone Birmingham?

lol
Or Leicester, Nottingham or East London?
I declare Jihad on you, because my penis is a terrorist of love.
Only muslim thread

/bad joke

Why can only a muslim help you?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Draken

Huh?

But no, I am not a Muslim.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by Draken

That's the greatest chat-up line i've ever heard.
Where do some of you find the audacity to make fun of this guy? Show some respect, already.
Quote by Kensai
Only muslim threads

Threads you say?

Quote by Zuka
Where do some of you find the audacity to make fun of this guy? Show some respect, already.

Because it really isn't that hard to find a Muslim on the internet.
Quote by Draken

Sigged!
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by Zuka

because i'm a happy go lucky scamp
Quote by Zuka

no its allright. i really dont care, i'm extemely racist against myself and shit and i have a joy out of it.

anywways
ok, so ive been going out with this girl for a couple of months, and a while ago my parents figured it out. i got in alot of trouble just for going out with her because in islam, you cannot date. its sinful and shit.

and right now, my parents are on their way to my confernce, and for some reason my parents dont want me to come along and when they figured out a while ago, i told them id break up with her. but i havent.
so im just scared of whatll happen if they find out and whatll happen to me. and have i done the right thing? i only did all this because i love her, but i still had done the right thing right?
i noticed he bolded "make fun of this guy", that's all i saw

yes you did the right thing! if you really know you love her then it's worth risking your muslim ass for it
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i noticed he bolded "make fun of this guy", that's all i saw

yes you did the right thing! if you really know you love her then it's worth risking your muslim ass for it

but dude im so ****ing scared right now! when they figured out i was going out with her, they ****ing beat me. and all for it? a girl im in love with? i dont know whatll happen to me now.
Quote by Alix_D
Threads you say?

Nice threads

Quote by Zuka

What happened to you zuka? you used to be cool...

@Threadstarter: for love, you should do it. Don't break up with her because of your religious beliefs (well, more like your parents in this case)
Quote by Alix_D
Relationship thread, and what's going to happen to you? She's the Muslim.

im the muslim here, shes not. shes jewish. its just like an israeli/palisteinian conflict techicneally
Quote by bobdylan12
im the muslim here, shes not. shes jewish. its just like an israeli/palisteinian conflict techicneally

It's nothing like an Israeli/Palestineian conflict.

But you do realise that if a Muslim goes out with a Jew the world implodes, right?
yea..i was joking..but it was a really bad joke..

and yes i do. but i still need help on this shit.
Quote by Metal claw
I thought what she did was cool.

Nah I think that the guy who started the thread isn't that serious, the replies weren't that bad (ok, some were).

Had the guy been dead serious and we would've made fun of him alot more, then it would've been cool.
Quote by Alix_D
Threads you say?

Because it really isn't that hard to find a Muslim on the internet.

Dude I go to school with alot of Muslims. And im not racist, but the girls look like ninja's!! And they are really rude, I mean you can be walking down the hall, and you walk into one, and like then its dead silent. And like the halls clear. And you try to run to your next class, but then at the end of the hall there they are, The Ninja's of the MIddle East. So you turn around, but like a cheap anime, they are already behind you, and you can see one jump into the air, and pull out this huge ass shinai(sp?) and you look behind you, and there she is, looking you dead in the eye, and SLASH, you're dead on the ground, hopless, all because you bumped into one by mistake. And with your last gasping breath they take one more plunge into your heart, and the last thing you here is "ALALALALALALAL---" And you become one of them.

Yeah typical day at EFHS in Dearborn.
Quote by HighVoltage559
Dude I go to school with alot of Muslims. And im not racist, but the girls look like ninja's!! And they are really rude, I mean you can be walking down the hall, and you walk into one, and like then its dead silent. And like the halls clear. And you try to run to your next class, but then at the end of the hall there they are, The Ninja's of the MIddle East. So you turn around, but like a cheap anime, they are already behind you, and you can see one jump into the air, and pull out this huge ass shinai(sp?) and you look behind you, and there she is, looking you dead in the eye, and SLASH, you're dead on the ground, hopless, all because you bumped into one by mistake. And with your last gasping breath they take one more plunge into your heart, and the last thing you here is "ALALALALALALAL---" And you become one of them.

No offense to muslims at all, but I did find this incredibly funny for some reason

On topic, I hope you get this shit sorted out somehow threadstarter, hopefully keeping your girl too
haha, i did also.

anyways, i just hope my parents dont find out and dont beat the shit out of me.
i doubt they will beat the shit out of u and if they do and ur underage u can get them in a shitload of trouble
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by bajeda
Not muslim, but I lived my entire life in the Middle-East and one of my majors is Arab-Islamic studies.

Technically you should be able to go out with a Jewish or Christian girl since they are part of ahl al-kitab, and could marry one and still be in accordence with Islamic law too.

Now as for dating thats a complicated issue. Many things in Islam that cause problems are the result of interpretations heavily influenced by existing cultural traditions in certain regions, but Islamic opposition to dating is a bit more solidified since it is more explicity detailed in the Qur'an, not leaving much, if any, room for interpretation. Also important is the community in particular, the extent to which it has an overt leadership, how strictly the community adheres to Islamic law and what school of jurisprudence they tend to follow, etc. One of the biggest factors, assuming you aren't somewhere where dating is strictly illegal or socially unacceptable (probably not I'd imagine) is your family. Are you in close connection with most of your extended family? Is there a patriarch who has a guiding influence over the direction of the family? Muslim families tend to be closely-knit, even when spread out. If you have that type family you could possibly talk to an elder / father of the family and see if you can get some acceptance. What nationality / ethnicity are you and where are you living?

I don't know how much you know about Islam itself, but your best bet would be to explain that you are in love and that you can't help it now and combine that up with al-'urf, which basically means custom. In Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh), which applies to all areas of muslim life; social, political, legal, economic, etc. - though its influence is more as a social institution now - there are means of adapting the religion to come to terms with changing circumstances, such as now when many problems and tensions are arising because of seemingly incompatability between Western and Islamic ideals and practices. Basically al 'urf allows Islam to account for things not in the Qur'an or Sunnah, and it allows for Islamic law (again, fiqh) to adapt to changing social customs. Depending where you are living and such (though I'm assuming you are a Sunni) you could probably argue that while dating isn't necessarily accepted by Islamic doctrine it is becoming more prevalent and accepted in Islamic societies, especially those that have become highly modernized and more open to globalisation. Just google 'islamic dating' or something like that and you'll find muslim dating sites. Even in places I was in the Middle-East I saw Arab couples together in public places that obviously weren't married or with other family, and in some areas I even see more overt expressions of a relationship such as holding hands in some places. What is socially acceptable within the muslim community is evolving, faster in some places than others, and you can use evidence of that to make a case using qiyas (reasoning by analogy, as the Qur'an was written hundreds of years ago and Islamic scholars recognized this) and istislah ('what is proper', anything related to the five basic goods of religion, life, reason, lineage and property could possibly be applicable, so you could argue that the relationship and experiencing love is a good thing for your life).

You don't need all the terms, but depending on the type of people your parents are it could help. Basically Islamic jurisprudence (interpreting Shari'ah to make laws / fiqh) has deteriorated and can't account for many changes occuring in contemporary muslim society. Dating is much more acceptable as it is increasingly seen (well by some) as leading to stronger marital relationships in the long run (which is the reason the Qur'an and hadith didn't want 'dating' as it was viewed as inciting wrongful temptations). Just make a case and hope for the best I guess unless you have some other recourse such as a benevolent (and non-strict) grandparent.

Islamic jurisprudence is a complex and messy issue, especially now that there isn't an infrastructure to support it (madhabs, schools of law). Might as well try to use elements of Islam in justifying your actions though as simply pleading might not work.

Check http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/ and see if you can use it, I don't know if you can access it, but it would be of some use if you want to get some quotes from the Qur'an to help your case.

Meijer, Roel. Alienation or Integration of Arab Youth: Between Family, State and Street. Richmond, Surrey: Curzon, 2000.

^^^^^ I dont have time now, but if you do at some point (and aren't getting your ass beat) see if a library has this and see what it has to say about people like you.

Thats about all the help I can think to give, I don't know your specific situation (family, residence, ethnicity, etc.) so I can't elaborate really.

but i dont understand. im reading this islam guide book and it says that islam forbids dating. the girl im dating is jewish, however it says that dating leads to unlawful sexual reltations.
so what now?
shoot them all hahahahaha!!

no seriously pray for the answer. thats why its there.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas