I was thinking about my playing style lately... And I can't place it...

I'd like to hope it's metal... but sometimes I feel it falls too far into Hardcore..

Style description? Well, I play in Drop C, with alot of distortion. Most of my playing consists of low, thunderous, heavy break-down type stuff. I can play moderately fast, I suppose, but not fast enough to be in rank with alot of metal things I hear..

Is it possible to be Metal without being hella fast and searing solos?
I know.. But that's what I aim for. I try for metal, but always end up being more on the hardcore side, I think...

Anyone know any tips to making my sound more Metal?
Hardcore, REAL hardcore is usually played in standard tuning.

So don't worry about it.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
dude, just play, it doesn't matter how you do as long as you do.

metal is a broad catagory, hardcore is still metal just not blazing fast solos and whatnot.
It was just a few palm muted riffs so based on that I can't say what your style is overall. A few riffs can't normally categorize an entire style, you know? Unless that's generally what you play, then I'd say hard rock.
I likes your hair.
I'm not creepy at all...<_<
Quote by bite_the_bullet
metal is a broad catagory, hardcore is still metal just not blazing fast solos and whatnot.

Hardcore is not metal...hardcore is an offshoot of punk.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 6, 2007,
See? That's what I mean.

But today, everything is thrown into the Hardcore category, so people tend to confuse hardcore and metal...and it's kind of hard not to slip into that sometimes
Quote by wingedgopher
Hardcore, REAL hardcore is usually played in standard tuning.

So don't worry about it.

So? You can still play hardcore in different tunings.
Quote by stringslinger6
See? That's what I mean.

But today, everything is thrown into the Hardcore category, so people tend to confuse hardcore and metal...and it's kind of hard not to slip into that sometimes

I know, but hardcore is a great style too. Don't worry, your music is not hardcore at all. I stand by my hard rock statement.
Learn The Phrygian Dominent Scales,you'll start making some riffs that sound pretty metal
Quote by stringslinger6
Is it possible to be Metal without being hella fast and searing solos?

Of course.. You'll just have to expand your knowledge in metal generally, find what is it that you prefer and then exploit it.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.