Hey All!

Figured I’d post this, cause I’m really ****ing proud of it.

This is a demo for an album I’m recording in the summer, about Sherlock Holmes (hey, we were ****ed on pixie drink when we came up with the idea, alright?)

www.myspace.com/johnnyskullfck

Using a Protools HD and a command 8, I played some drums in the studio, took them home, found a bar that was actually in time, perpetually looped it, added the bass, three guitars and vocals.

I’m especially proud of this, I think it’s come out well. It does need a remix though, although I wish I’d had a better mike for the vocals, and maybe a better vocalist.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Mar 9, 2007,
sounds good. The vocals fit the song. The one thing I would suggest is to turn up the music or turn down the vocals becasue right now the vocals are drowning out the music. Like you said, it needs remixing. The solo's very good as well, but I think the guitar tone for it is a bit too thin. I like it. Can you crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539795
Gave you a crit man.

I'm sticking a new version up, with various fades in the middle, and a slight change to the vocal and guitar tone.
I ****ING love the band name dude.... MAN! Anywho, everything just fits, its got a great sound to it (vox fit beautifully), but alas, the genre aint exactly my cup of tea, or coffee for that matter, but all in all it sounds awesome dude
Firstly, I love the way you do the solo, and then a break, sounds good..
I dont know if its just me, but your vocals remind me of the Sex Pistols, wich is not a bad thing, because it fits the song very well, and I like the way the vocals take control of the song... Nothing more to say really, the sound was great and I quite liked the song!

Cheers!

Mind critting mine?
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
I liked this a lot. I enjoyed reading about your squier and stuff. I think you sound very creative. Good luck with your music school thing. The song was very good. I liked your voice because you sounded like Joe Strummer (always thought he had a little spy thing happening) - The Clash is my favorite band of all time. I used to live in England so I got a good dose of them. The guitar solo was also really great. The tone you get out of that guitar is amazing for the type of music you play - very much like new york dolls (another one of my favorite bands), so great job. Everything sounds good and I'm looking forward to hearing the Sherlock album later. I think you already critted mine, but if not, here's a link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091
I really like your voice its perfect for the music. Also your guitar sounds real cool its very much like punk but not as distorted and the guitar solo on The Warehouse is great its not shredding or anything its the perfect punky solo. You remind me a lot of bands like T rex, the stooges, and the new york dolls, all of whom I love. Keep it up, it sounds real cool. By the way, here's my stuff: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541335 it'd be great if you could tell me what you think.
Thanks for the crits guys.

I've just been working on an improved, extended version, which I'm very proud of.

It's up there now.

Right then, to crit you good sirs back.