Can ya'll give me some advice on singing and palying at the same time? thanks
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Quote by bobbyj84
Can ya'll give me some advice on singing and palying at the same time? thanks

Just keep a steady beat. Tap your foot with the beat and keep the rhythm.
don't. Either that or learn your guitar part so well that it's second nature, or write it so it's the same as the rhythmic pattern of the lyrics. Those are the only things I can come up with outside of practice (which I assume your doing).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
I have pitch problems with that, I can sing, but not on the correct pitch. I tend to sing to the pitch of the guitar.
Quote by onemanarmy9
don't. Either that or learn your guitar part so well that it's second nature, or write it so it's the same as the rhythmic pattern of the lyrics. Those are the only things I can come up with outside of practice (which I assume your doing).

Why would you not sing? Its very beneficial to guitar playing.
it just comes in time of trying it over and over and over. at first you have to learn to play the guitar riff till you dont even have to think about it then you learn to sing the song. eventually it will become second nature to you.
ok, do what i did, first, picture the dude or you singing in your head while you play and don't sing, then, try the chorus, it's usually the easiest. then go from there
i wish i could, dude. but i concentrate too much while im playing, even when a song is second nature
Quote by Coro
i wish i could, dude. but i concentrate too much while im playing, even when a song is second nature

if you're concentrating on it too much, it's obviously not second nature
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
try date rape, santeria(the chorus is kinda hard though...it takes practice), or what i got by sublime

pretty easy...in fact ska is pretty much the only thing i can actually sing along with while playing

tone wise
treb-10
mid-0
bass-7
reverb-4
use chorus if you have it

neck pickup (preferably humbucker)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
try date rape, santeria(the chorus is kinda hard though...it takes practice), or what i got by sublime

pretty easy...in fact ska is pretty much the only thing i can actually sing along with while playing

tone wise
treb-10
mid-0
bass-7
reverb-4
use chorus if you have it

neck pickup (preferably humbucker)

scooped mids=no
well i find that in sublime's tone it lies with in the deep warmth of the bass, and the contrast of the treble...

the mids really distract from that so hence i scoop them
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
I have pitch problems with that, I can sing, but not on the correct pitch. I tend to sing to the pitch of the guitar.

Hmm... I do that to a large extent as well. Generally sounds pretty good though, unless it's supposed to be following a different instrument.
Practice the song to a metronome. The key is to learn the song so well on guitar, you can focus on the singing. Then, memorize the lyrics. Your vocal performance can vary widely without ruining the song (no two vocal performances are completely alike) so practicing the vocals to a metronome makes little sense.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83