THat its sad when people buy a guitar because a person from a band he/she likes had it and now they have it.I know theres a person in my school that did that . your thoughts?
not really... i mean if they have enough common sense not to buy like billy joe's strat or w/e than i dont think its rly a problem unless its like thier very first guitar
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Its sad because theres someone taking care of the person stupid enough to buy a guitar because a certain player uses it
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
If they buy it for the right reaons then its fine. But if they buy it simply because their favourite guitarist has it, then that strikes me as a bit foolish , yeah .
There is poetry in despair.
agreed w/ fridge raider
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I don't really mind it, aslong as they bought it themselves. If they don't use it's their loss. However the trend at my school and another school right now seems to be buying a guitar and leaving in your room for decoration...
My ex friend zach did that. Obviously he had to have the Sakk Wylde Bullseye cause of his name. Yes his name. And Kerry king EMG's because they're both his idols...

0mGaWd s0OOoO MeTal!!
A kid at my school want to buy Laiho's ESP even though he doesn't like playing guitar 'cause practice is boring to him, but I guess spending $1000+ is good as long as it proves how kvlt you are.
maybe they like the sound of that band and would like to try recreate that sound themselves...
nothing wrong with buying the right gear for that.
Quote by Vos
I don't really mind it, aslong as they bought it themselves. If they don't use it's their loss. However the trend at my school and another school right now seems to be buying a guitar and leaving in your room for decoration...

whats the point in playing them ?! they act as nice wallmounts..
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by johnny_giles
maybe they like the sound of that band and would like to try recreate that sound themselves...
nothing wrong with buying the right gear for that.

but then again you can still use the same gear you have cept buy a pedal that makes the same sound( or similar)
I'd love to buy me a Ovation Ultra GP, regardless of how sad you make me out to be
I don't think it's sad. If someone's favourite guitarist can get them into playing, then having their actual guitar can only help push them.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Not really. I will admit that I originally got my sg because angus young has one, BUT, I know that I can change certain things on it to get MY own sound.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Vos

they are pretty damn beautifal
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Well, if they don't play guitar, and don't ever plan to, I'd find it kind of sad. If they want to play, and that's the guitar they want, I'm all for it.
its not a bad or dumb thing. sometimes the guitars are good and therefore it isnt dumb
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
It's the player that makes the guitar. Not like just because they have Eddy Van Halen's guitar they are going to become famous.

Apologies if I spelled Eddy wrong.
What's up?
Personally I started to love SG's because of Angus, so I started looking at them, and I love how they play, couldn't have made a better choice. If you like them and try them and then you still like it, go ahead and buy it, but don't buy it for looks, that's just stupid.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

No because it will inspire them to play more or be play like them (could be a good thing assuming the guitarist is actually good and not crap).