hey. so im getting a new guitar really soon. i was thinking of getting either the RR3 or a black warrior guitar. the RR3 has duncan pickups and the warrior has EMG's. So which pickups would be better? and also in ur opinion which guitar would be better?
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Depends what music you play.

And you'll probably get better answers in the G, G & A section
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
emgs if u want more a metalish sound
ducans for almost anything else
woah.. the EMG's just look so cool since they r all big and black and i used to think they were better. so ok looks liek its gunna b the RR3

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
oh yea i want more metal sound

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

i play metal stuff like pantera, COB, and just good metal

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

dude just go for the Seymour Duncans man...personally i think EMGs sound kinda fake and inorganic and you will kinda be restricted to only one kind of music. With Duncans on the other hand you will have a whole variety of options.
Duncans are good pickups, I have EMGs in both my guitars however, I don't get where people are coming from when they say they can only do metal, cause mine can do anything with the right pedals *shrug*. However, the RR3 is a better guitar imo, though I don't like flying v style guitars, but Jacksons make me happy, lol.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm not much of a shredder, but EMG's are very versatile pickups the EMG 81's and 85's sound amazing. I think the RR3 would be much better guitar than the warrior, even with Seymour Duncans on it rather than EMG's. Which would be nicer if they came stock.
k.. so is there anything i can use to make my sound more like dime's or a great metal sound?

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Well based on some of your posts, i would say go for the warrior with the EMG's. I just think it'll give you more of that heavy metal sound your looking for.
Some videos that have guitars with emgs in them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLS-xL7s4E8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usb0_n8X3K4
My Musical Rig:
Ibanez RG120
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Clone
Marshall MG10CD
Coming:
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Distant Future:
Ibanez S-Prestige S2170FW
Last edited by The -A- Man at Mar 6, 2007,
Quote by Diamond Dave
^the first two movies sound alright, dont like the second two though

yeah the last two videos are kind of iffy. i just wanted to put more than two up there.
edit: just took the last two off
My Musical Rig:
Ibanez RG120
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Clone
Marshall MG10CD
Coming:
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Distant Future:
Ibanez S-Prestige S2170FW
Last edited by The -A- Man at Mar 6, 2007,
hmmm... this is hard

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Quote by Guitarislife125
http://youtube.com/watch?v=of4L3jY4Q9A

Jeff Waters explains why he went Duncans.

ty

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Duncans for me. They have a more organic and natural tone. Also, anyone who says you need active pickups to play things like Pantera is wrong. After all, Dimebag used passive pups and his tone was heavy as.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
ahhh... his guitar "sqeeled" as he called it when he just played like a little chord and the osund was awesome. why dosnt mine do that lol?

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Quote by deathmetalboy
ahhh... his guitar "sqeeled" as he called it when he just played like a little chord and the osund was awesome. why dosnt mine do that lol?

what guitar and amp do ya have now?
Why don't you go to a shop and test the 2 guitars. Or something similar with both pickups and see what you like?

Pickup selection is all up to personal preference. I've never tried seymour duncans but I can tell you EMGs are basically completely noiseless.
i'd buy the guitar you like the feel and unplugged tone of better, and then get different pickups later.

although, both being jacksons, they probably are pretty similar in feel etc.

it really depends- as said, EMG for mainly metal, and duncan for most everything else, though that's probably a gross generalisation.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?