Hello, I want to start using the technique of slide guitar and I already made an slide using a bottle neck... but when I tried it on my acoustic and on my electric guitar it was very difficult to play because the strings are too near the fretboard... how can I raise the action in both guitars?
loosen your strings. put a nail in the first fret pushed as far as you can against the nut. and retune your guitar.
What kind of electric guitar?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
just use much thicker strings, and the resistance from the strings will hold up the slide. at least thats what i do, plus you get a warmer tone with the bigger strings too.
Pics of the bridge? I can tell you how to adjust the action without ramming a nail in there.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.