Page 1 of 9
I couldn't wait until the 11th. I did it already.

So yeah, this my preparation thread.

I've been real unhappy lately. Closeted, reclusive, and lonely. I have decided to come out to my parents on March 11th. Being in the closet is terrible. And I figure that no matter what happens, it'll contribute to a greater sense of self-happiness. If I get kicked out, I won't give a shit. If they make me see a psychiatrist, it'll probably be for the better. Some people have told me that I should wait until I am more independent, but I just can't live this way. It's all that I can think about sometimes. I'm driving myself crazy. I'd rather get kicked out of the house rather than waiting for two and half agonizing years in the closet wondering if they would have kicked me out. It's awful. So I'm telling them...

So I've also made this thread to think freely, I guess. I want some feedback, advice (from the pit? ha!), stories of your friends that came out, funny stories, those cute encouraging pictures (like the one with the kitten holding onto the tree banch that says something like "Keep holding on"). Seriously, anything that has anything to do with the topic at hand will help me. I just need to think out loud here.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Mar 10, 2007,
errrmm... sorry... i can't help
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by myself101
lol film it and put it on you tube

funny stuff

+1
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
My friend came out for a while his parents were a little surprised but then they kind of accepted it and it was all hunky dory.

I honestly can't say anything that will really be of any practical advice accept good luck in whatever you choose to do. oh and your music taste is great.
Okay I didnt read all that :P. But what I think it is then you're a homo. Congrats, I support it, im not gay my self, but how you feel is how you feel, so happy ass-pounding :peacep:

BTW I am totaly supporting you all the way!
I came out to my mates a couple of months ago, I know how it feels. Just keep your cool and be honest. Try coming out to other people before your parents if you haven't already, it'll build your confidence.
Good luck man, hope it goes well.
Maybe your parents will be totally supportive and it'll really improve your outlook on life. Good luck man.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Good for you man. I'm sure your parents will be a little flustered at first, but they will be fine. Nobody should have to live in a world where they are constantly "lying" even if you aren't saying anything. Good luck man. I have no advice for you, I just wanted to say good for you.
i would support you, but i donmt live near you. i'll internet support you. hopefully ur parents arent homphobes.

Jack my swag
well first i wish you the best of luck. i know tons of people, have or will say this, but won't your parents understand, i mean if your around like 15-17, would they really kick you out on the streets cause of your sexuality? they're your parents who raised you. if they flip out, just say you didn't raise me wrong or something like that. you'll probably have to likie..comfort them, if they go down the "trainwreck" lane meaning they flip out

Quote by Dirge Humani
Unless they are super-die-hard Christians, I don't see why they'd care whether or not you're gay.

the fact that they cant have grand children

thats assuming hes an only child
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Good luck? Is that the appropriate response?

Anyways, hope it goes well.
Quote by Draken
My friend came out for a while his parents were a little surprised but then they kind of accepted it and it was all hunky dory.

I honestly can't say anything that will really be of any practical advice accept good luck in whatever you choose to do. oh and your music taste is great.

Thanks, about the music thing.

Quote by Doppleganger
Is that Constantines footsteps I hear?

No. I have better taste than him.
man dont 'come out' as such, instead get caught with three other guys... and film it for you tube... that would be funny.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
my friend, as a prank once came out to his mom and dad and played it off perfectly they were rly falling for it for like a week then at the end of the week he told them it was all a joke but they didnt believe him lol... it all backfired on him
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
well, if you come out of the closet, you'll have more room for shoes, right?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, I'm sure it'd be for the best. I haven't really dealt with that kinda thing, but I'm sure it's very agonizing.
Dorkus, you're one of my favorite UG'ers, and I wish I had a definite answer for this.

But in all honesty, I think you should tell them. If they do get angry and kick you out, it shows you who they are as people, and that if they can't still love you as a son then they were never meant to be parents.
Poor advice.
Cheers bud. Hope all turns out well for you, and you live a happy, "out" life.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
They may freak out when you first tell them, or say or do things they later realise they souldn't have said or done, but maybe they'll be totally accepting. I'd just be ready for the worse, but if that does happen, they'll probably calm down later.
good luck with that, man. that's really great that you're strong enough to make that decision. i've personally been wanting to tell my parents about my bisexuality for some time now, but i'm still too afraid. my dad would probably stop talking to me. anyways, i hope it all works out for you.
cheers brother

out of the closet FTW!!!

im straight but you have my support
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
If your own parents would kick you out of their house just because you are gay then they are bad parents and you shouldn't want to live with them anyway
oh and i have to mention that when i read the thread title my first reaction was to hum "and you better get this party started" under my breath, i'm sorry.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I came out to my mates a couple of months ago, I know how it feels. Just keep your cool and be honest. Try coming out to other people before your parents if you haven't already, it'll build your confidence.
Good luck man, hope it goes well.

I have some friends already that I told already. All of them say they are totally willing to help me out.
Quote by stellar_legs
Dorkus, you're one of my favorite UG'ers, and I wish I had a definite answer for this.

But in all honesty, I think you should tell them. If they do get angry and kick you out, it shows you who they are as people, and that if they can't still love you as a son then they were never meant to be parents.
My life's completed. Who cares how they react now?

But seriously, thanks to all of you guys! I wish I could quote and respond to all of you. But this threads going too fast.
A perfect time to quote Spaced:

"Me and your dad, we don't care what you do so long as you're not gay."

Anyway, if you're positive that you're homosexual then you should tell your parents. Hopefully they're open-minded enough to accept it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Mar 6, 2007,
Congrats Dorkus. I admit, I was kind of wondering whether you had told your parents or not but I didn't want to ask because it wasn't my place and I should keep my nose out of it. But as I said, congratulations and well done for not holding out so long. I've known some gay people and they tell me that the sooner you get it off your chest, the better for all.

They won't chuck you out the house, I should think. You've always given them what they wanted and that's a perfect son (assuming you're a good son so far that is). The only think you can't get them is a grandchild but you can always adopt if you want.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

It's people like you that I respect, big time. Coming out must be a super tough thing to do, and takes a lot of strength. I wish you the best of luck.
As for my parents kicking me out:

I don't think it'll come to that. My mind just goes crazy when I think about it. But I definitely don't rule it out as a possibility. I will probably still pack some clothes before I do it, it'll make me feel better about it. Making me see a psychiatrist would be a more realistic reaction from them.
*Gives thumbs up*

Good luck, man.
Wade in the water, child.
I have absoloutley no advice, sorry.

My mum's gay though, aha so I imagine she wouldn't mind if I was.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Harmonius
Congrats Dorkus. I admit, I was kind of wondering whether you had told your parents or not but I didn't want to ask because it wasn't my place and I should keep my nose out of it. But as I said, congratulations and well done for not holding out so long. I've known some gay people and they tell me that the sooner you get it off your chest, the better for all.

If anyone has a question for me about being gay just because you're curious or whatever, feel free to ask. I'd rather answer an awkward question than have more people not really understand what it is to be gay.

Oh, and thanks!