I know theres a thread for this but i couldnt find it.BUT tommorow my church band made up of all middle schoolers and 1 forty year old singer is playing our first 'gig' at church tommorow.well our bassist doesn't know the notes on his bass or rythym guitarist screws up alot and ill admit it i do to.i mean i dont even like worship music or anything like that.so what am i to do cuz i have to go but well probly get laughed at?

"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
don't sweat it. and remember a worship service is not a gig. it's for God, and if you remember that and don't think about the people it will go better
Too cool for a signature.
just remember one thing: it's not about the music. it's about you giving God all you have. forgetting everything else, but giving God whatever you can give, whatever you can worship him with. in that situation, it's you and your guitar. while you're up there, you give Him the most beautiful music that you can, because that's all you can give. Don't bring attention to yourself. That time is for God, not impressing that chick who you like. Save that for later. Pm me or post back if you have any questions. Good luck man, and remember, that time is for God.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Does that 40 year old happen to be a priest?
Quote by schecter_elite
But yeah, do some moshing at a fall out boy concert, it's fricken awsome.
Well if you back down from this you will regret it. This will only make you feel better after it is all said and done. Thats cool that you are playing for God and thats good to know. Trust me when you walk off that stage people will care that you tried rather then you just leaving now.
Were just two guys trying to make it in the world.......

member #13 of the Seinfeld Fan Club --PM the_experience or SethMegadefan to join
okay people i dont think you understood me.

im not a christian i play in the band cuz my friends in it(rythym guitar).nor do i ever want to be a christian after i see what it did to my parents and some of my friends.i dont like any religions no matter what!

Quote by cashewchaching
just remember one thing: it's not about the music. it's about you giving God all you have. forgetting everything else, but giving God whatever you can give, whatever you can worship him with. in that situation, it's you and your guitar. while you're up there, you give Him the most beautiful music that you can, because that's all you can give. Don't bring attention to yourself. That time is for God, not impressing that chick who you like. Save that for later. Pm me or post back if you have any questions. Good luck man, and remember, that time is for God.

please go stick your head in wet cement
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
there needs to be an official gig advice thread, this is like the third one i've seen today...

I SAY: steal the mic and convert them all to some sort of cult... nah, i'm kidding...

dont sweat it, just sing jesus loves me and they'll all sing along and you'll feel clean afterwards...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
man, why are you playing a church? you're gonna get ZERO pussy afterwards
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
man, why are you playing a church? you're gonna get ZERO pussy afterwards

i dont like cats...

Quote by wetwilliamthe3r
okay people i dont think you understood me.

im not a christian i play in the band cuz my friends in it(rythym guitar).nor do i ever want to be a christian after i see what it did to my parents and some of my friends.i dont like any religions no matter what!

Your loss man, God's helped me through alot of shit. What happened to your parents and friends?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
please go stick your head in wet cement

Don't you have consideration for other people feelings or beliefs?

Nah me neither! Good call

Oh and you should do fine because its a church, no ones gunna heckle or throw stuff.