Crit for crit. I hope you all like it. To give a little more info. The song has an F C Am Am chord progression with a nice little strumming pattern in there. And the chorus is just strumming F G Am barre chords. It sounds pretty nice, I think.

I'll die before I get these words out
That's what the doctors say,
But I've been silent for so long,
Why would I stop today?
You aren't that important anyway.

The books were set on fire
In the square today,
Why would I stop them today?
Books aren't that important anyway.

Chorus:
The days go by oh so slowly,
Now I've lost track of the time

I wrote you a letter on napkins
And used them to wipe your face,
Why would I stop you today?
You aren't all that pretty anyway.

Chorus:

You grabbed my hand on the train today
And told me I should stay,
Why would I tell you today?
I love you just the same anyway.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
I suppose people might say that this is too simple, but I like it. There are parts of it where the concepts you use start out seeming trite or juvenile, but then you pull it up by doing something with the image/comparison that was unexpected...like, "I'll die before I get these words out," simple. "That's what the doctors say." ah! Overall I liked it, although it seems like the ending is missing something. It feels like it should have kept going, or had a more definitive end...the last bit is too like the middle, you know?

The rhyme scheme seems awkward when read like a poem, but because this is a song I imagine that it flows nicely. Is it slow? Seems slow, seems like it'd be nice slow.

On this note, am I the only one who finds it difficult to write something that flows nicely both when read as a poem, and when sung as a song?
so simple yet I really liked it. The rhymes seem a little forced but nothing to pushy, it still makes for a nice read. The thing i love about being simple, is that it makes the piece so open for many interpretations, and I personally love when people come at me with different thoughts about stuff i write, and your song here has the same style to it. Good piece, Love to hear it sung.

If you can crit mine. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539927
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Thanks for the comments. I'll get to your stuff soon. And yes, it is slow. Kind of.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
I was expecting the ending to be a little more clever.. but it was still alright I suppouse.
Quote by ABTS
I was expecting the ending to be a little more clever.. but it was still alright I suppouse.

Gee. Thanks for gracing me with your 18th post.

Haha. But I think the ending is fine. It actually has the most to do with what the song is about, so in a way, it's the most important stanza.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by screamsoftly
Crit for crit. I hope you all like it. To give a little more info. The song has an F C Am Am chord progression with a nice little strumming pattern in there. And the chorus is just strumming F G Am barre chords. It sounds pretty nice, I think.

I'll die before I get these words out
That's what the doctors say,
Why would I stop today?
You aren't that important anyway.

dont know where this is headed but its an okay start. nothing that makes you go wow and a bit of it is a little cliche like the last line. otherwise this is nice

The books were set on fire
In the square today,
Why would I stop them today?
Books aren't that important anyway.

interesting idk where this is headed yet but i like it

Chorus:

the first line is pretty cliche and could be improved upon. the last line could prove effective/clever if there was a stronger line in front of it

I wrote you a letter on napkins
And used them to wipe your face,
Why would I stop you today?
You aren't all that pretty anyway.

i love the last line. the rest of this is good except the 2nd line is so so, kind of blunt and doesnt capture the emotion youre trying to convey

Chorus:

You grabbed my hand on the train today
And told me I should stay,
Why would I tell you today?
I love you just the same anyway.

love this

there definitely are some strong points here, like the ending, but there are just as many weak points. i think if you improved upon some of the things i pointed out this would be a real good piece
7.5/10
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540008
here is my new one if you can give me a short crit if you have time
This is very good. That's all I can really say about it. I've spent my daily allotment of cognitive power today. So, I can't really say anymore than this. It is very good. Sorry I couldn't go any more in depth with it.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Thanks a lot you guys. I only got around to doing a crit for rushmore's piece, but I promise to get to the others as soon as possible.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.