Wow,

I can now tune COMPLETELY by ear.

I tune all the strings seperately, just by listening, and without comparing the strings pitch to each other.

I've been doing it for the past week, where I just "discovered" it one day at rehearsal.

I checked it against my tuner, and I was perfect, or as close to perfect as my tuner could tell.

Soo...

Let me guess, everyone else can do this and I'm the last one to figure it out?

and on another note, when you hit CTRL-ALT-DLT, do you use the two handed way or the one handed way?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I can't tune my guitar by ear. But i can whistle in perfect f#
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
I can tune by ear. That was one of the first things i learned, not impressive. I still use tuner.
i can tune by ear.

i wasnt aware that you could use one hand...it seems pretty far away from CTRL and ALT

oh wait..is this some inside joke that i dont get?
We're Composing our funeral songs, note by note

Let the carcass of the martyr burn
Quote by hamish5178

Let me guess, everyone else can do this and I'm the last one to figure it out?

and on another note, when you hit CTRL-ALT-DLT, do you use the two handed way or the one handed way?

Yeah thats about right, and I use two hands, I'm cool like that.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by chillininfl
I can't tune my guitar by ear. But i can whistle in perfect f#

haha, but can you sing one?

I can sing the note that our class bell rings at, it pisses my math teacher off so much.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by Sinforsale
i can tune by ear.

i wasnt aware that you could use one hand...it seems pretty far away from CTRL and ALT

there are two ctrl keys and two alt keys.

look at your keyboard.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Nice... Im getting close
But yeah I just tune my low E and then I tune the rest of the strings by ear... In my opinion I can get closer than using my tuner...

BTW I use 2 hands when I do CTRL ALT Delete...
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Last edited by The McManus at Mar 6, 2007,
I do it either one-handed or two-handed, because I'm just that versatile.
Quote by hamish5178
I can sing the note that our class bell rings at, it pisses my math teacher off so much.

So can everyone else in my school, and the teachers like, kill the kids that do it.
Quote by Sinforsale
i can tune by ear.

WOW
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
hah i kind of cheat,
i can do the tune by ear but i play bass
and i just play What The Hell Have I
from Alice in Chains on all 4 strings
it does work to near perfection though
as for cntrl alt delete, its a 2 handed operation
usually one hand holding cntrl and alt and the
other fist pounding the delete
Congrats. It took me awhile to learn to tune by ear. And I do it one-handed.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
What is this one handed business? I use two. And I usually tune with a tuning fork, then compare the A string to the rest of them.
i cant =( i wish i could i have to rely on my tuner... and i use the two handed way
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
i still use a tuner. i am guitar tuning challenged i think...lol the last two times i tried to tune the strings by ear i wasn't really paying that much attention to the tuning pegs, just the sound and i couldn't figure out why nothing was changing. and eventually after relentless turning of the peg, the string snapped. i did this to both an electric and an acoustic. i felt so stupid.

and how would you do one handed, i have been trying to do it for like the past five minutes and i can't do it. lol
My Chemical Romance
lol, you guys are all keyboard noobs.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

I tune the high-e string by playing Star Spangled Banner and then check the others by playing Simple Man. I'm such a cheater.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
I have to use a tuner, but I can do CTRL ALT DEL with either hand, depends on what I'm doing... If I'm playing a game then I use one had, if I'm typing a paper then two hands...
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
Congrats mate, you have perfect pitch.

I use whichever's convienient at the moment, which is usally a 2 handed ctrl + alt +delete
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Congrats TS, you have either perfect pitch or near perfect pitch, thus meaning you can pick notes out of anything and know exactaly what they are, like, car horns or footsteps on the ground.
I can as well tune by ear but do not have something close to perfect pitch.

And I use the two-handed way
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

its hard to do it one handed do u use your thumb, middle and ring finger ?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I can tune like that too, plus I can tune drop B by ear, how long have you been playing?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by C.C. Deville
its hard to do it one handed do u use your thumb, middle and ring finger ?

Thumb on alt, index on ctrl, and either middle or ring on del.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
I've been getting pretty good at tuning by ear. Basically after I find the right note, then I'll tune the rest of the strings, play a C chord and mess with it until it sounds about right. I say C chord just because I write a lot of my songs like that and if it's not perfect, I can't sing one of my songs right. But if I have a tuner available, then I use it. It's a convenience for me more than a crutch.

ctr. alt. dlt., I use two hands because I'm always on the home keys and it's just easier. Everyonce in a while I'll need to use one when I'm playing a game though.
Quote by hamish5178
haha, but can you sing one?

James Labrie Can.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I can go between drop-D and standard by ear, but I can't do every string yet.

Two handed. How the hell do you do it with one hand?
I'm a person.
Well I use the one handed version a lot quicker. Also I am very organized about everything and I use the Alt + Ctrl + Del. On the right side it is in alphabetical order, unlike the left side so I ignore unless I am doing keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl + V, Alt+F4, Ctrl+T, Windows key+E ect.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Congrats I still do it by tuner

And I do ctrl+alt+del the two-handed way.

+1
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
you can do a one hander by using you thumb on the alt+ctrl and your pointer on the delete. My keyboard might be different but whatev.
Quote by andrew12398
I can tune like that too, plus I can tune drop B by ear, how long have you been playing?

A year and a half, two years.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

If im tuning to practice, I just use my ear, but if Im recording or playing live, its gotta be a tuner innit?
Quote by garden of grey
No, I reached a new level of 1337ness when I caught the leetmillionth pit post.

Wahappen claims it happens "all the time", but I am still waiting.

It's the leetthousandth pit post. The forum is automatically pruned of dead threads though.
That's impressive. I can tune the guitar to itself by ear just by hitting the open strings (Not using any methods or devices to tune) but I can't tune to standard by just listening.

Also, I use two hands for Ctrl+Alt+Del. However, I notice that most people think you have to have to hit them all simultaneously. All I do is hold down Ctrl and Alt and then hit the Delete key in due time.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I can tune the E string by ear. And I can tune it to D as well. Nothing else though.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Also, I use two hands for Ctrl+Alt+Del. However, I notice that most people think you have to have to hit them all simultaneously. All I do is hold down Ctrl and Alt and then hit the Delete key in due time.

Same here.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
My ear tuning is OK but I do the 5th fret thing not open strings, I'm not that leet. I can do CTRL+ALT+DELETE with one hand but I have to hit the ALT GR key.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?