I spend my summers hanging out with rock climbers and such who tend to be a young adult crowd. I'm learning guitar and want some more songs suited to this group but I'm 44 and my peers think Boston's More Than a Feeling is great rock 'n roll...I don't. I pretty much ignored the 80's and 90s music scene so I'm really green about what's out there. So those of you who are 20-25 help me out with you'd like to hear and especially stuff that people'd sing along to.

The song's that I already know are: (GD) Wake Me Up When September Ends/Good Riddance/Boulevard of Broken Dreams, (FF) Times Like These/Everlong, (PF) Wish You Were Here, (RHCP) Otherside/Californication, and (Sublime) What I Got.

Songs that generally fit into this genre would be good because I'd probably like'em. I've got my eye on a couple of Nirvana tunes but that's about it right now. If you like the Foos, Chili Peppers, and Green Day and know of similar (or newer) groups that are great but that I haven't listed please let me know. I've spent a lot of time reviewing the "favorites" thread (that's where I found most of the songs I listed) but what I can't determine is which are the (modern rock) songs that "everyone" knows...the crowd pleasers.
im not 20 but i do listen to that stuff how about some metallica-nothing else matters,the unforigven,mamma said: guns and roses-i used to love her,sweet child of mine,civil war, patience (thats a really good one on acoustic):everyone loves the beatles i guess and try some shinedown and rancid there kinda like sublime
You can't go wrong with a bit of Oasis, if you want a crowd pleaser
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
You can't go wrong with a bit of Oasis, if you want a crowd pleaser

Wow, awesome...I can't believe how fast real answers come rolling in.

Well, this is illuminating the depth of my ignorance...I don't know a single Oasis song. Can you be more specific about which ones "everyone" would know.

Warrior: same comment about Shinedown. I just started listening to them a few weeks back and really like them. Do you have suggestions for crowd pleasers?

Thanks!
Personal favorites from Oasis are wonderwall (which everyone knows) and champagne supernova.
Quote by GeorgeDog
Wow, awesome...I can't believe how fast real answers come rolling in.

Well, this is illuminating the depth of my ignorance...I don't know a single Oasis song. Can you be more specific about which ones "everyone" would know.

Warrior: same comment about Shinedown. I just started listening to them a few weeks back and really like them. Do you have suggestions for crowd pleasers?

Thanks!

"Fly From The Inside" by Shinedown is an easy song to play.
Quote by Zar Mulix
Personal favorites from Oasis are wonderwall (which everyone knows) and champagne supernova.

"Don't Look Back in Anger" is another one that comes to mind for me.

It really depends, though. Just find some 90s stuff that you like to listen to and learn it.
Hi, I'm Peter
"Crash" by Dave Matthews Band should suit your needs well. It sounds great acoustically, and everyone knows it.

I mean everyone.

Oasis is another crowd pleaser... Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, Don't Look Back In Anger, All Around the World... every time I play one of these songs live, it becomes a singalong. Especially if you're drinking a bit.

The song "New York, New York" by Ryan Adams always goes over well for me... even if the crowd doesn't know it, it's energetic enough to draw them in... it's got a good vibe.

The song "Pardon Me" by Incubus sounds really good acoustically as well.
knockin' on heavens door still rawks :P LOL
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Check out Incubus. You might like em. Oh, and Weezer.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride