Well me and my friends have a band and we had to do an audition for some show. And we set up all of our equipment and we were ready to go. But there was problem. . . My shure 48 was louder then my friends shure 58. The worst thing was that no one could hear the lead vocals and the only part they did hear was when i did back up vocals. They all said that they heard me over him and it struck me as odd.

I wanted to know what is the 50$ dollar difference for the shure 48 to the 58?

Thank you for listening to me
Were just two guys trying to make it in the world.......

member #13 of the Seinfeld Fan Club --PM the_experience or SethMegadefan to join
^word
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
I dont really know its an old PA that my friends father uses for local shows(Sunn Model LX-1506 Powered Mixer) with 15" speakers and we had are perfect setting before we went and my mixer setting were lower then his. He was practically turned up all the way for his master volume . And i was signing half assed and he was over there signing all that he had. It kinda made him look bad. . .

member #13 of the Seinfeld Fan Club --PM the_experience or SethMegadefan to join
I would check the cables. If one of the wires was broken or shorted the mic wouldn't work at all, but maybe it's losing half the signal or something.

Can you reverse the phase of his mic?

Maybe picking up another preamp or an EQ would help a little.

Then theres the simple answer, trade mics.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Yea lol. One of are friends at the audition was telling us 2 switch in the middle but there was no smooth way of doing so. We got the audition BUT they even said we couldnt hear the lead vocalist. Luckily they loved are music