Page 1 of 3
My English teacher is the best.

She rarely gives out homework.
We do mostly classwork (involving partners).
She doesn't like giving tests (therefore, we've only had 2 this year).
She has like, a very small temper, taken advantage with the following:
We have assigned seats but people usually move around after attendence is taken.
Yelling out the word penis/vagina/anything else bad.
Always talking while she is (she also sucks at quieting us down)
So basically, that class is free hour. Once we were throwing paper airplanes around like in the movies and she didn't really care until she really noticed it... I'm not sure if shes carefree or just ignorant. Yeah.. we usually make her mad and she has a lack of a temper, tells you guys how much we **** around.
i had an English teacher like that last year plus she was hot. so mine wins
Sounds like you should marry her.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
My English teacher calls me a jackass
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
Sometimes my english teacher also swears randomly and doesn't notice it.
There is also this one kid that likes to always sit on the teacher's desk in the front instead of his assigned desk and always makes sexual innuendo about a certain 'rapist woman' from the story 'The landlady' we read sometime. If you take it like a pervert, it sounds like shes gonna rape this kid and the kid always likes to mention it randomly. And yeah, the teacher laughs at him. She's one of usss.

By the way.

Therapist was written on the board. He decided to draw a line between the E and R.
Last edited by RPGoof at Mar 6, 2007,
your mom owns my dick, nice pointless thread
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by RPGoof

We have assigned seats but people usually move around after attendence is taken.
So basically, that class is free hour. Once we were throwing paper airplanes around like in the movies and she didn't really care until she really noticed it... I'm not sure if shes carefree or just ignorant. Yeah.. we usually make her mad and she has a lack of a temper, tells you guys how much we **** around.

Have fun passing the SATs and trying to find a college that will accept you.

When I get a teacher like that, I complain, and they usually get fired.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
You have a pretty awesome English teacher. Too bad you suck at being a student.

I submit my Intro to Literature professor as most awesome English teacher. Every once in a while, class is canceled and we watch a movie instead. We spent two classes watching "O Brother Where Art Thou". We have a 10 word vocabulary quiz once a week. About 90% of class time is discussion, and we only have 2 papers all semester (required by law in FL). Best part: we're actually learning.

Oh yeah, and for the final we're watching another movie. Some students who have taken her other classes say it will be some movie with no educational value whatsoever (last year was Wayne's World).
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
My English teacher refers to me as a slacker but I still get an A in her class.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Last edited by aixelsydevahi at Mar 6, 2007,
Good for you. In my English class we learn and I love it.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by hamish5178
Have fun passing the SATs and trying to find a college that will accept you.

Man, you have no idea. We do all literature stuff in there and barely any grammar, but I still have all A's... school comes easy to me, I'm not some slacker dumbass.
Quote by lateraluspiral
Good for you. In my English class we learn and I love it.

+1.

honor's english FTW
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
Quote by tossup

honor's english FTW

Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
My teacher lets us do pretty much all of our tests/quizzes/classwork in groups, as well as recorrecting essays. Plus we have spelling quizzes.

SPELLING.

In 11th grade. And like, the words are simple.

Our vocab words are insanely strange words that seem like they can be found in the game balderdash, plus we get our words by playing a jeopardy game every other week in which the winner gets 100 points to split amongst the group.

Whenever we read plays, we have to speak with strange voices (we just finished Macbeth...the witches had to talk in a high, whiny voice, Macbeth had to talk like a pirate, we had people rolling their r's and stressing their s's. I was Macduff, and when he finds King Duncan dead, I had to scream at the top of my lungs for three pages).

And to top it all off, he has some very strange phrases that he uses, such as "secure the hatch, there's a one legged rat outside" (as opposed to "close the door") or calling his podium his "mother" and calling a paper without a title a "drowned cat"

yeah. Strange guy, but it's awesome

EDIT: he also said I can bring in Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the class to watch, as well as Xanadu by Rush to listen to when we read the poem Kubla Khan.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
my english teacher in the accelerated class sits at his "lecturn" and makes sarcastic comments at the students who act up in class... its pretty funny actually, and im pretty sure he literally knows every piece of information know to man
my english teacher only gets mad if you fight
she let me play system of a down on her computer during a test
she swears everyday for no reason
we can leave almost any time we want
"...silence and screams are the end of my song..."
Victor Jara
I had about three or four English teachers in high school and they were all shit. But the Geography teachers...wow. Often the lesson consisted of nothing more than humourous anecdotes of his escapades when he was younger. We got away with a lot of general chatting and misuse of our time. History was like that as well, an hour of talking, rarely about the subject at hand. I miss school.
Quote by RPGoof

Meh, the Spanish teacher at my school is all that plus:

We can curse around her. Yes, fuck too.
We can talk about ANYTHING.
She keeps secrets.
She even gave tips to this kid who was teaching his friend to make a bong.

I think she wins.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
My teacher thinks she's british. And talks to this kid named Michelangelo in fluent italian even though he doesn't speak a word. And sometimes she does an interpretive dance when we read aloud. We're a progressive school.
my current geography teacher has such a short temper!
I just make sarcastic remarks that contradict everything he says!
i nearly got him to punch me once, but i still get straight As in his class, which really es him off
aside from english teachers, we have substitute at our school who teaches whatever shes supposed to that day in opera.... it is quite possibly one of the most annoying things on this planet
No, no no. My teacher is way better. I really enjoy his class. He is a really funny guy, a lot of fun to be around, he and I share a lot of movie and music interests. He burned me the leaked version of the Arcade Fire's new album. And since I am in his speech/debate class, he lets me turn things in late if I need to. His class isn't a free for all, but I enjoy it. And I think the fact that he can make learning as much fun as he makes it, makes him a better teacher.
I take it your teacher is a "liberal" as well? How many students has she beat this year? I can already tell you the answer. Too few. Its a problem that needs to be fixed. Without corporal punishment students can't learn. Its a proven fact.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
when I was in high school, I had a Math teacher named "Ms. Seaman". So all the idiots would just be sitting around screaming " Seaman" at her. She was also one of those teachers that had no temper at all. She was very similar to RPGoof's teacher. was a great class. One day two guys brought thier guitars in, and we sat back there and played while she was teaching class.
Got Bread?

<- ".....Sell Your Computer, Buy A Guitar....." ->
my english teacher hit every show of an entire grateful dead tour including woodstock WHILE holding a job. close the polls the winner has been found
I hate to say this, but good luck once you get a real teacher. You will need it.
Quote by cubedeathk
I take it your teacher is a "liberal" as well? How many students has she beat this year? I can already tell you the answer. Too few. Its a problem that needs to be fixed. Without corporal punishment students can't learn. Its a proven fact.

Oh, how I love cubedeathk's input. It always brightens the threads.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Candillinger
my english teacher hit every show of an entire grateful dead tour including woodstock WHILE holding a job. close the polls the winner has been found

I had a teacher that went to plenty of great concerts, but she was a femi-nazi who wouldn't shut up about her divorce and lack of kids. Your Deadhead of a teacher fails to impress me!
My global teacher plays us Slayer, Iron Maiden, metallica, and a plethora of neoclassical artists for us in my class.
Dickless.
My english teacher says and so forth. After every breath. It's annoying. She doesn't know. That we count how many times she says it. And then laugh about it in Global next period. Then my Global teacher laughs, Then he gets pissed off. Because he's bipolar.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
My english teacher says and so forth. After every breath. It's annoying. She doesn't know. That we count how many times she says it. And then laugh about it in Global next period. Then my Global teacher laughs, Then he gets pissed off. Because he's bipolar.

how come american kids do 'global' but only 10 percent of americans have passports?
My english teacher screams and throws stuff.

While amusing, once he's actually hit me when he threw a Kleenex box =/
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I like my english teacher because he knows what hes talking about and actually made me a better writer.
Quote by fallenangel20
Meh, the Spanish teacher at my school is all that plus:

We can curse around her. Yes, fuck too.
We can talk about ANYTHING.
She keeps secrets.
She even gave tips to this kid who was teaching his friend to make a bong.

I think she wins.

You could fuck around her...?

@Threadstarter: Sounds like your teacher has a poor self-confidence since she doesn't take control of things.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 3