Today I purchased a 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat for $1,200. It's in perfect condition, it's beautiful, and it sounds awesome. I believe they only made 800 of these (please correct me if I'm wrong). From what I can gather, what I paid is the same price that they originally sold for back in 2004 when they were released.

I guess I'm wondering if I paid a fair price. Actually, when I think about it, I don't really care because I'm happy with my purchase. But, maybe because it's a limited edition guitar it will hold it's value better, which would be helpful to know as I try to convince my wife that I'm not crazy for what I paid. LOL.
yeah, the regular strat deluxe sells for about pretty much the same price so if it was more you got a decent deal considering its a 50th anniversary model
Oh awesome buy. I have no idea about the value of guitars and how it will decrease or increase, but thats a nice guitar you got there. And for 1200, thats not bad. Congrats.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
My friends dad has one, things looks sweet but he wont let anyone else touch it, so no taste of heaven for me....
Thanks. I don't normally make impulse purchases, but when I saw this thing I just had to have it. The more I look online for info about the guitar, the more I believe I got a very good price. On ebay they are going for several hundred dollars more, if you can even find one available to buy. From what I can tell, they don't come available often. So, I guess I made out pretty well.

By the way, my wife is cool with my purchase. She's the BEST! She could probably do a lot better than me, so I guess when I landed her it was another instance where I made out pretty well!
Horrible deal.

I don't really think it's a horrible deal, but I was just wondering what you'd do if I said it. I don't understand why people ask for opinions about something they've already bought. If you really cared for our opinions on the subject instead of just needing us to validate your purchase, you'd ask before you bought the thing. Congratulations.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I don't really think it's a horrible deal, but I was just wondering what you'd do if I said it. I don't understand why people ask for opinions about something they've already bought. If you really cared for our opinions on the subject instead of just needing us to validate your purchase, you'd ask before you bought the thing. Congratulations.

Whoa, dude, that was harsh. I'm sorry that in my excitement I ruined your day by asking for validation. I promise that in the future I won't offend you by making the same mistake again.

Quote by fivebyfive2470

Whoa, dude, that was harsh. I'm sorry that in my excitement I ruined your day by asking for validation. I promise that in the future I won't offend you by making the same mistake again.

I actually meant the congratulations to be non-sarcastic.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I actually meant the congratulations to be non-sarcastic.

That's cool, then. No harm, no foul. Thanks for your response.