ok so i alway use the ones that go 9-11-16-24-32-42 but i got these new ones that r 9-11-15-24-32-40 and was wondering wat the difference would be??? will the sound be different or what??? please help me ...i use regular standard tuning Eadgbe if that helps
I very much doubt that you would notice a difference. There would be an extremely subtle drop in tension (with an accompanying drop in brightness) on the G and E strings, but that's it.
third and last strings are thinner than the original but shouldnt be too big of a difference really
Send me off to bed forevermore.
they will just have a brighter sound, thicker strings like 10-46 have a deeper, heavier sound. and the tuning is eBGADE

and this is coming from a bassist... >_>
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
and the tuning is eBGADE

>_>

You're kidding me right?
Got a question for any of you good rhythm guitarists out there. There is a guy I found on you tube who plays apretty cool song called insecure. he is under the name ortopilot. I would love to learn this progression could anyone transcribe this for me?
Quote by Tony 1
Got a question for any of you good rhythm guitarists out there. There is a guy I found on you tube who plays apretty cool song called insecure. he is under the name ortopilot. I would love to learn this progression could anyone transcribe this for me?

Hijack thread ahoy!

Anyway, usually, the thicker the gauge, the more full the tone is, but thinner strings tend to be easier to play. Like others said, a subtle difference. It shouldn't take you too long to get used to it.

Wrong forum, I believe
With the thicker strings you not only get the meaty thicker bottom but also a more present and balanced high end.

basically the bigger the better when it comes to sound unless you like weak thin twang
^ yeah i agree with nick, i use .70 - .011 and they BOOOM.... but thinner strings will have a thinner sound.