What's a good numuber of watts on a combo amp playing in front of like 50 people in one of those coffee shops that have open mike night, using a Epiphone SG400 and playing something like Highway to Hell? WHat abotu on a tube amp? Don't worry about prices for the amp,but don't say something wickedy expensive.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Yah, if you were to get for example a VOX AD30VT, that would be way easy. You probably should go for a amp thats better at lower volumes, so that way it wont sound like crud when playing.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
vox sounds ok. It cant hurt to get a 50 watt. It depends if its solid state or Tube. I had a solid state 30 w amp and it sounded lik sh** loud. A marshall dsl combo or somthin tube would be great. **im only saying marshall cuz you mentioned acdc***
for solid state, you want more wattage cause you dont want to crank the thing. Also, if youre using a combo, elevate the combo so that the speakers point to your head or at least higher up. The reason why half stacks/stacks sound way louder is becuase of where the speaker is projecting.

i would suggest at elast 50 watts solid state, for tube, i use a 30 watter and its loud cause i need to crank my volume to get my tone, luckily i got a master volume.

but remember, elevate the combo!! stack it on a chair or a table,\

if you play in a huge venue then they will mic your amps for sure, just get it loud enough to be louder than your drummer and your golden

Quote by paintITblack39
15, or even 5 watt tube would be good.

not 5, especially if you want your cleans to stay clean, not enough headroom! though if you crank it, it cna sound pretty big
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
fender blues junior-15 watts- or fender blues all tube combo like mine-30 watts- it gets frickin loud and it has a volume AND master knob so you can get the sound of a loud amp without blowing up everyones airdrums. fantastic clean tone
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
Quote by ark
not 5, especially if you want your cleans to stay clean, not enough headroom! though if you crank it, it cna sound pretty big

5 watts tube can get loud enough to play a coffee shop. Trust me.
Sent from my iPad.
yes!!
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!