What are some awesome guitar songs for a talent show? Preferably rock songs. Thanks.

EDIT: no there is no judjing you just display your talent.
Last edited by Ace. at Mar 8, 2007,
Your own

Otherwise, just go with some well know songs...
AC/DC
Led Zepplin
Black Sabbath
etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Spirit of the Radio if you can pull it off as a whole band.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory
Just for the Love of Satan, do not play 7 Nation Army. Yes, it's a great song, but what surpasses its greatness is how overplayed it is.

Do something cool and unexpected, like "The Middle" from Jimmy Eats World, or "No Rain" by Blind Melon. That would be cool.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Voodoo Child - Hendrix
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
crazy train..........well prolly not, itd be awesome if you guys whipped up something totally unique like tool or sumthing experimental, but (im assuming high school) kids might not get it....idk, best bet is sum AC/DC anthems...
Playing your own is always a good move. Show's people that you can write your own stuff. Also a plus if they're judging it and you actually want to win. I won 2 talent shows my jr. and sr. year in high school with 2 instrumentals. I was always happy cuz i'd beat these guys that thought they were punk. It wasn't exactly that they couldn't play, but they spent too much time trying to entertain the crowd, jumping around, spinning their guitars, or using those wireless things so they could walk into the crowd.

Just remember, whatever you choose... Musicianship > Showmanship or if you can pull it off the Musicianship = to or > Showmanship.
Hammer!

Smashed!

Faceeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Quote by Kylster
Just for the Love of Satan, do not play 7 Nation Army. Yes, it's a great song, but what surpasses its greatness is how overplayed it is.

Do something cool and unexpected, like "The Middle" from Jimmy Eats World, or "No Rain" by Blind Melon. That would be cool.

I 2nd "No Rain" by Blind Melon, awesome song

maybe that and "Mr Jones" by Counting Crows
Some Guy?
Quote by Kylster

+1 for the middle, thats a good song
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
My band did Crossroads by Cream, with my solos starting off like the actual solos then improving after the first few bars. If you're good at improv, then it'll go over great. I'm getting hailed as a guitar god at my school anymore after the show.
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
ok first if you are looking to win u gotta know ur crowd and who decides if u win if its older people play an older song like Led or AC/DC just something they would know if the crowd is young then play modern greats sadly like Amercan Idiot if you can make it good u could win but i hate it but it it works it works but I would play what u like
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
Do Walk This Way by Aerosmith. Almost nobody that doesnt play guitar will know the song but they will find that they have heard that riff somewhere before I guarantee it.

Besides its a very nice riff and it gets the mood flowing
Quote by Bpags868

Smoke on the water riff.
I've been trying to learn that for years. People die mid-gig when trying to play that. Power chords are so hard. not know how Billie Joe does it.

And so castles made of sand fall in the sea, eventually....
Yay for nearly obscure song references!

Let's add some more, shall we?

How about "She's so High" by Tal Bachman? Or the crowd pleaser, "Blister in the Sun" by The Violent Femmes!

Maybe the song I've mentioned on this forum near countless times, "Sex & Candy" by Marcy Playground.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Mario and other video game songs.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
btw there is no judging, if that opens things up i just wanna pull off a kicka** show
well, im asuming your in high school. so play some rage against the machine, like Killing In The Name Of (u will have to do it instrumental, i dont think those lyrics would be allowed, but if your in your last year of high school, do it man, sing your ****in heart out)

or some GNR or aerosmith
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
bulls on parade by rage against the machine the wah wah part will get everyone going crazy Go wit it now
Coheed & Cambria = The Crowing.

If you can pull off the vocals, it's damn near anthematic.
Member #12 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
is there a song that screams talent but isn't toooo hard hard of a song to learn?
Well, something hard would usually require talent, and vice-versa.
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
thanks mr. obvious, but im looking for an actual name of a song