Well, I still have yet to buy a new amp. I still have the 15 watt I started with which isn't even close to being loud enough to overpower a drummer. I am kind of low on cash right now so I am looking for a less expensive amp. Would a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amp be loud enough to get the job done and be heard over a drummer? If not, what would you suggest? Thanks!
30 watts solid state is not going to cut it very well with a drummer, I'd say the minimum wattage for solid state for overpowering a drummer would be 50 watts, with a few exceptions. Also, Line 6's are very digital sounding, I do not recommend them at all, there are much better amps for the money.

What is your price range?
REDBLOODHOTSUGARCHILISEXPEPPERSMAGIK
Nah, 30 wouldnt be enough for your drummer to hear you play...
60 watts would be good... the Epiphone Triggerman combo is 60 watts,$269.99 on guitar centers web site. I havent tried out the amp myself...but i bet it would be way better than a Line 6
Could you possibly afford a Valveking of some sort? Maybe used? What styles of music do you play?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
For that price range, I'd recommend the Epiphone Triggerman 60 watt combo. It has very warm, almost tube like cleans, and takes to pedals very well. Also has some fun effects to play round with. The only downside is the distortion channel, some people really like it, other's don't. If you don't like it, just get a DS-1 for your distortion. The amp IS 20 dollars over your price range though.
I play a variety of rock, punk, alternative just a bunch of stuff.. yeah also thanks for the suggestions so far I will definitely look into those.
Peavey Envoy 110 Guitar Amplifier with TransTube
Thats 240 at guitar center.
Triggerman>Envoy

Seriously

Peavey doesn't really impress me until they start throwing tubes in their amps.
how many times do i have to go on a forum and tell people how fantastic a fender blues all tube 30 watter. i can play over a drummer(who idolises dave grohl if you get what i mean) with the master on 3 so i think youll be sweet as with it. it aint to expensive eitha
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
position is also an issue. if you place the amp with adequate space to project, a decent 30 SS can project over a drummer, IE, away from the set, and tilted up.

I understand what it's like to be starting up in a band and all, but $250 isn't going to cut it well. Save up more, IMO. If you do practice, with a decent PA system, mic it up there. you'll project 3x as much, if your pa is stereo. I strongly disagree with "I'll get this for now because it's cheap, and save up for this later" that's wasting money. good luck.
The Triggerman isn't bad
but i don't like the overdrive channel
its too... iono how to say it
but it depends on how u play and stuff...
pedals would be useful too.
and it doesn't clip so much. thats the good part.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by harrypito
Nah, 30 wouldnt be enough for your drummer to hear you play...
60 watts would be good... the Epiphone Triggerman combo is 60 watts,$269.99 on guitar centers web site. I havent tried out the amp myself...but i bet it would be way better than a Line 6

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a Line6 Spider combo.

Shut.

The.

Up.
roland cube, 30 watts should be able to get you over a drummer
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Tell your drummer not to hit so hard when your practicing?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by GodSaveUsAll
are you sure? my 15 watt can be heard just fine with everything on max

what kind of 15 watt do you have? On max? chances are you've got plenty of breakup if it's SS. Can your drummer hear it?