Ok so I was restringing my guitar and somehow the end of the string that I was taking out ****ing pierced my finger somehow and went in one side and came out the other (sideways, it didn't actually go through my finger) and apparently it went pretty deep also because blood was squirting out pretty badly.

Anything like that ever happen to you guys?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
my low e string hit my face hard but nothing serious
sucks for you, just get a band-aid
you know the UG rule. pics or it didnt happen.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
I could take a picture of the band-aid on my finger, would that count? >_>
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

string end in the eyeball. its the best.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
The head stock is my least favorite end of the guitar. I hate trying to touch it.
Not Enough AssHatery
I took my old cheep fake brand guitar, then I put all the strings under the truss rod, and tightened them until it flew off into my buddys eye. He was ok though, just had to look like a f ag with an eye patch on for a week.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
I have never restrung a guitar and ive been playing 3 years =)
I am Cool Thanks for listening.
Quote by varga88

That's probably not a good thing, unless someone else has strung them for you.
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by varga88

You're kidding right? And how often do you play? I generally replace mine every 3-6 months. On occasion i've pricked my finger when taking a string off, especially if I cut the excess off when I put a string on and it happens to turn the end into a needle.
yep lol. the high e always attacks my hand. the wound part on the headstock always stabs at my hand.
it's just mad that I'm REPLACING IT'S OLD ASS WITH NEW ERNIES.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Somehow I poked my finger with the high e string during band practice and I didn't realize it, so it seemed like my fingers were bleeding while playing the guitar.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
My guitar teacher was once pierced INSIDE his mouth by an incoming low E-string hanging from a bass. He went on with the show. THAT is ouch.
I'm a person.
god dammit i hate that lol i did that a few times it hurts like a bitch its always on low e too obv cuz its the smallest sharpest string but it burns like a mofo b
I've been hit by a popped string, but what usually happens to me is the end of the string ends up becoming a little needle and pokes my finger whenever I try to take it off the tuning peg.
Here's a question.

Do you guys squint and lean away from the headstock in fearful antisipation when restringing?

I know I do.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by kornflipsk8er
Here's a question.

Do you guys squint and lean away from the headstock in fearful antisipation when restringing?

I know I do.

Anticipation of what?
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Anticipation of many crappy things.

Like getting a flingy string in the eye.

I somehow broke a new e string once years ago while tuning it up.I wasn't paying attention and it snaped and got me good.Ever since then I have been quite paranoid of it happening again.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by kornflipsk8er
Anticipation of many crappy things.

Like getting a flingy string in the eye.

I somehow broke a new e string once years ago while tuning it up.I wasn't paying attention and it snaped and got me good.Ever since then I have been quite paranoid of it happening again.

Oh, I've never broken a string.

I had one unravel on me, but never broke one.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

i always try to protect my face when i'm tuning the high e string haha
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

i did it with a mandolin string one time by accident. it was so thin it diddnt hurt, but the blood was handy for creeping out my sister
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
I was in the midst of re-stringing once, and as I was removing the old strings the high e poked me middle finger just below the knuckle. I didn't bleed much so I didn't pay any attention to it. The next day in my last class, my finger hurt something furious. Walking home I had gotten he sweats, my vision was blurred, and I was dizzy from the pain in my finger. When I got home I put my finger in a glass of ice water which stopped the pain. My father suggested I take my temperature. I had a slight fever. I took it again about an hour later and the fever had jumped up 2 degrees. Not .2, an actual 2 degrees. We decided that this warrented a trip to the ER. Turns out that the string had pierced the tendon sheath in my finger and now that tendon was infected. So beware errant strings, or you could inadvertently **** yourself up.

Oh and to BottleOfSmoke, the first rule of Fight Club is that you DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!
Last edited by Hawk127 at Mar 7, 2007,
Quote by andrew12398
Ok so I was restringing my guitar and somehow the end of the string that I was taking out ****ing pierced my finger somehow and went in one side and came out the other (sideways, it didn't actually go through my finger) and apparently it went pretty deep also because blood was squirting out pretty badly.

Anything like that ever happen to you guys?

that exact same thing happened to me, the high e strings are ****in sharp