hi there guys.
im going to be buying a new amp soon (tomorow maybe) after hearing the difference in tone and disstortion of other nicer amps. i have the one that came with my starter pack which is this......current amp

its not about the volume level seeing as though i almost always play by myself in my room or basment and when its with friends i use one of there cabinets (they have 5 O_O).
im looking at this amp and wondering how much better the sound qaulity will be.
new amp
Last edited by halen_fan53 at Mar 6, 2007,
it will most likely be at least somewhat better, being that it is $100 (out of 160) more
NO! NO MG! Please don't! For 60 bucks less than the MG get an Epi Valve Junior, all tube. You'll thank me later
Don't be fooled by the Marshall name, they made crappy SS to appeal to the budget minded player. Good idea in theory, but the amps sound like shit
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
I'm all about Marshall's, they're the greatest in my opinion. However this is not such a great amp (or upgrade from your current). Considering its only 15watts, its a very thin tone amp, i've used it on several occasions with friends and what not. If ur gunna upgrade go for atleast 30 to 50 watts. I know amps are expensive, but if you can find one second hand, that would be a bonus. My G80RCD was 300, second hand, used for 1 year, mint condition, and its tone it unbelievable!!! Or good tone, in a little package with a lot of PUNCH I would look into buying a Vox AD30VT, or an AD50VT. Their tube amps, and they sound amazing, heres a link:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/ad15-30-50-100vt.asp
My Equipment:

-KE3 Kelly Jackson
-Hyburn Stratocaster
-Marshall G80RCD
-Marshall AVT series 4x12" extension cab.
-Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal

ICED EARTH
Quote by KVX10 KING V
I'm all about Marshall's, they're the greatest in my opinion. However this is not such a great amp (or upgrade from your current). Considering its only 15watts, its a very thin tone amp, i've used it on several occasions with friends and what not. If ur gunna upgrade go for atleast 30 to 50 watts. I know amps are expensive, but if you can find one second hand, that would be a bonus. My G80RCD was 300, second hand, used for 1 year, mint condition, and its tone it unbelievable!!! Or good tone, in a little package with a lot of PUNCH I would look into buying a Vox AD30VT, or an AD50VT. Their tube amps, and they sound amazing, heres a link:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/ad15-30-50-100vt.asp

True about the wattage, but the Epi Valve Jr for 100 bucks is 5 watts, similiar to like 30 watts solid state
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
i think it's not going to be a good upgrade, the VJ it's a good option, but you're going to play in your room, you' wouldn¿t be able to crank it to get a nice tone

i think a roland microcube fits your needs
Yeah check out Roland Microcubes or Vox Valvetronix. In their range, theyre the best out there.
Microcube, man.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II