Hello, I need help deciding between two guitars. I was looking into an SG shape, just because it's cool looking. I know that I can get An Epiphone SG at one of my local music shops, and try it before I buy it, but I am not so sure on my secondary option. Check it out here Agile Valkyrie. Now, If I am not able to try the second option first, If anybody has played it tell me your opinions. An Epiphone G-400 is considerably more expensive, and from the Epiphones I have played I am not impressed with the quality. I'm 15 years old, so I'm short on money, so take that into consideration. The music I play varies pretty widely, so all I want is versatility. I already have a Cort SP-3. I will be playing it through my Fender FM 212R. I will use it with my Boss DS-1 also.

Also, I dont want anybody to be all like "Go w/ epipone beecuz de made dat shape first so thay R better, I havent tried that guitar but i no epipone is beter" Trust me, my Cort can compete with a Fender, so we obviously know this is not always the case.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
well i absolutely hate the epiphone g 400 so i would say, look more into the other on, or look into an ESP viper.
Quote by Uglúk
well i absolutely hate the epiphone g 400 so i would say, look more into the other on, or look into an ESP viper.

Thank you, checked it out on musiciansfreind. Seems a little too metal for me, but I will definately ask about it next time I visit the music store.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

The Epi Goth G400 I had was pretty decent.

If you're looking for that body type, you should *definitely* look into a Samick Torino.

It's not as neck heavy as the SGs/G400s and the ones I've tried have played very nicely and sounded decent for the price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
The Epi Goth G400 I had was pretty decent.

If you're looking for that body type, you should *definitely* look into a Samick Torino.

It's not as neck heavy as the SGs/G400s and the ones I've tried have played very nicely and sounded decent for the price.

Do you know what the rough price of one is? It's so thexy, lol. The green one on there website made my heart skip a few beats.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Here you go!

I think the green one is the TR3.

TR1 FEATURES ($238)

Double cutaway sculpted body
Mahogany set neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Die cast tuners
Stop tailpiece
Adjustable bridge
HH Duncan Design™ pickups

TR 2 FEATURES ($349)

Double cutaway sculpted body
High Tech quilt top
Bound, mahogany set neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Grover™ tuners
Stop tailpiece
Adjustable bridge

TR 3 FEATURES ($558)

Double cutaway alder body
High Tech quilt top
Bound, mahogany set neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Grover™ tuners
Stop tailpiece
Adjustable bridge

TR 4 FEATURES ($558)

Double cutaway alder body
Bound, carved, top
Bound, mahogany set neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Gold Grover™ tuners
Gold tailpiece
Adjustable bridge
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^I love you.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
^I love you.

Review of a TR3 by Guitar Player

Take it for what it's worth.

One thing to note, the "High-Tech" tops aren't actually made out of wood, which is kind of nice because you don't get any "maple coloring" of the tone.

And I, um, love you too?

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by TheDev01dOne
The Agile one is ugly. That Samick one looks pretty cool. But I'd go Epiphone just because they're closer to the real deal. Epiphone pickups are pathetic though.

lol, I wonder if people even read the original thread sometimes.... But now that I read that review, I am gonna seriously consider the Samick. I might not be able to afford the T3, I'll settle for a T1, if I cant scrounge up $500.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Last edited by CORT noob at Mar 7, 2007,
Quote by CORT noob
lol, I wonder if people even read the original thread sometimes.... But now that I read that review, I am gonna seriously consider the Samick. I might not be able to afford the T3, I'll settle for a T1, if I cant scrounge up $500.

Glad I could be of service.
Quote by utsapp89