I just got this ibanez rg570 for $150.00. The guy said he hasnt played it in a year or so. So I thought I would change the strings. He had some 9 gauge on there but there was about an inch or more of room for me to tighten the spring so I thought I could get away with some 10 gauge. Well the 10 Gauge didnt even come close. I now have some 9 gauge on there in tune and the bridge is still high and there is no more room for spring adjustment. This is my first floyd rose system so I might be doing somthing wrong. Im thinking I may need some new springs? Please somebody help me.

make sure you are screwing it the right way. you want to screw the screw to the right so you tighten the springs not looosen them. this will bring the bridge closer to the guitar. hope that helps. and btw i have a floyd rose. if that doesn't work then it is probably broken.
My Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
B-52 AT-100 Half stack
Boss GT-10
Breedlove AD25SR Plus
Yamaha EG112C
Boss Mt-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Wd-7 wah
Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0, 1.5, 1.14
according to your first photo that's exactly how it should be setup. that's not exactly a floyd rose but an edge or lo edge pro by ibanez which is based on the floyd rose patent. it's a floating bridge so the bottom of the tremelo should be flush with the body. this allows you to both depress and pull up on the bar.

if you change gauge strings you will have to adjust the springs. you will also have to adjust the truss rod to adjust the relief in the neck. if you're not experienced in doing this i'd take it to a shop and ask 'em for a $10 tutorial.
Quote by xpacifica
according to your first photo that's exactly how it should be setup. that's not exactly a floyd rose but an edge or lo edge pro by ibanez which is based on the floyd rose patent. it's a floating bridge so the bottom of the tremelo should be flush with the body. this allows you to both depress and pull up on the bar.

if you change gauge strings you will have to adjust the springs. you will also have to adjust the truss rod to adjust the relief in the neck. if you're not experienced in doing this i'd take it to a shop and ask 'em for a $10 tutorial.

correct, the bottom edge is the part that is supposed to be parallel to the body and by the looks of that photo it is
Ok then I have another problem. The bridge is almost as low as it can go and right now the action is about 1/8" at the 12 fret and even higher at the 24th fret.
Quote by Klipsch21
Ok then I have another problem. The bridge is almost as low as it can go and right now the action is about 1/8" at the 12 fret and even higher at the 24th fret.

Seriously, take it to a shop and have the guy show you how to set it up. Sounds like the truss rod needs adjusting, something you shouldn't attempt unless you know exactly what you're doing. You could do irreperable(sp?) damage to the guitar if you keep fiddling.

If you stick with 0.10's you wont have to go through this every time you change string, btw. You just need to change the strings, stretch them in and lock the nut
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ok, I think I finally got it. first I got some stronger springs. And then I had to Shim the neck and adjust the truss rod a little. Now its playing good.