there have been many sporting injuries since the dawn of time. The question is whats is yours.

I was skateboarding down a large hill with no protection. Well long story short i fell off and broke my wrist. it was pretty messed up. i slid on the ground for about 10m. it hurt....a lot.

And playing rugby union i got kneed in the balls really hard. i swear i sounded like micheal jackson for over an hour.

Also my mate was playing cricket and tried to block the ball. he slid his foot but then his other leg collapsed. and to make another long story short his toes ended up touching the back of his leg. owww.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
During soccer i fell over and another kid , about 200 pounds, stepped on my nuts so hard i ended up in the hospital, i win
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
That weightlifter who had his anus errrr....something something.

My worst was when I tore some muscles in my foot or some shiz two years ago, I was playing soccer and I slipped up on the ball, the sound was really cool, cause it wasn't a snap, just a tear sound. Five seconds later I'm on my arse having a bitch of a time.
yo.

I BELIEVE
lol that sucks. i once saw a kid slip so bad he kicked himself in the back of the head mid air, i think he shit himself a little 2.
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
Ive bailed really badly longboarding drunk down big hills...

I suck at ice skating and one time I slipped during a drive-by snowballing and spun around twice then fell face down on the ice and broke my nose hahaha.

Messed myself up countless times doing freestlye BMX tricks/riding dirt bike trails without breaks haha

etc...

Im sure lots of people have had worse ones, Ive just had a ton of minor bad ones, Ive never broken anything but my nose (twice if not 3 times though...).
I've seen some nasty shit playing soccer. I've seen a guy on our team have a tooth kicked out because he went to head the ball, and the other guy tried to volley high and kicked him in the face. My ankles are too weak for soccer really, I've sprained both of them at various times, and I used to always have to train on strapping tape. I had chronic pain in my right ankle which pretty much ended my 2004 season. I could probably have kept playing but I'm glad I let it heal up. I was able to start kicking a ball around again with my ankle strapped by the end of 2005.

I did my ankle again something awful in our last game of the '06 season. I was playing in the backs in a pretty even final, then in the second half I went to take the ball off an attacker, and I think he must have slid to take it back, because he kicked my leg out from under me. Trouble is my studs held in the ground and something had to give. I had to be carried off because my ankle wouldn't take any weight.

So 20 minutes later I'm sitting on the sidelines watching our defence fall apart in a knockout game, and then we conceded a goal and I'm like "I have got to get back on there" (we play free interchange in our grade - come on and off as you like) so I managed to run on the damaged ankle again, but about 10 minutes later I took a ball from a throw in, went to boot it up field when my ankle just collapsed under me and I ended up on on my ass, watching the oncoming striker collect the ball, and kick it in the goal. Man did I feel a dick.

Ended up unable to walk properly for about a fortnight - I thought that was going to be it, and I was going to have to check into a private clinic for a re-construction because I stupidly played on a sprained ankle, but I got lucky and I'll be back next season - probably doing more damage to myself.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
^^
Thats so much like my friend. he accident prone but he's good at soccer. Not really a good mix. he has broken bone, sprained ankels. at one point he was in a neck brace. tis funny shit
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
playing football (or soccer) i collided with my own goalkeeper, and i was really bombing it, goin as fast as i could.

anyway basically he head butted the bottom of my chin and i bit through my tongue and also sprained my wrist somehow.

it kinda knocked me out for a second or two as well, i couldnt remember falling to the ground, but i came round straight away. was pretty weird.
It wasn't worst ever in history, or anything to make you cringe. Not even bad, but I got hit on the toe with a cricket ball, and it started bleeding from underneath, and became black and it nearly fell off.
^^^OH GOD!! I cant even look a it!

the worst I got was playing hockey I got cross-checked from behind like 3 feet away from the boards and went in head first. I got up on pure adrneline to go beat the shit out of the guy, but the ref grabbed me, took me to the bench and I just passed out.
youtube Clint Malarchuk. It's one of the nastiest hockey accidents i've seen.
Quote by Draken
youtube Clint Malarchuk. It's one of the nastiest hockey accidents i've seen.

i was too scared so i image searched it first ...and theres no way im gonna watch that.

it said on wiki that two spectators suffered heart attacks lol.
Nipple shot and headshot during paintball. My friend also got shot in the balls like 3 times during that same session.
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
i was too scared so i image searched it first ...and theres no way im gonna watch that.

it said on wiki that two spectators suffered heart attacks lol.

It's not that bad, because they pull the camera's off him. But still the poor guy got his throat sliced open by an ice skate.
A while ago I was out surfing along this perfect little left. To get in real deep so there was no fight for the wave I could paddle out in front of the car park cliff, over the shallow rocky water. Seemed nice cos the waves were breaking perfectly. So im a good 50 metres away, another 30 metres out from the main group, and a set came through. Took about 5 minutes to get out there. Well, the tide musta dropped, cos i dropped into it and had to carve up to the lip and do a little retarded speed gain to get past this little rocky section that had popped up. I pulled under the barrel lip and was under for a few seconds, came out, about 7 or 8 metres away all the water had sucked up and it was dry rock. I tried to jump sideways into the wave to try and avoid hitting the rocks and got sucked over by the wave. Had my wetsuit ripped to shreds, had cuts all up my right leg, damaged the hamstring and had to get authotics, these little plastic things i put in my shoes to help the growth, even now im only leg pressing 330 kilos from that and not too well either. Had a quarter of my skin on my back ripped off and a punctured lung. Plus a broken arm. Most brutal beating ive ever had. It was during the holidays as well, and I was out for 2 months with all the injuries.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Muay thai-broke my leggy

Taekwondo-nearly got blinded
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Oh, plus my best mate had an oven explode on him and his mum.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Oh, plus my best mate had an oven explode on him and his mum.

lol, is cooking a sport now?
Usually there's only a handful of Australians around, but as soon as we do a thread on sporting injuries they all come out of the woodwork. Mad bunch we are.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
I've seen some nasty shit playing soccer. I've seen a guy on our team have a tooth kicked out because he went to head the ball, and the other guy tried to volley high and kicked him in the face. My ankles are too weak for soccer really, I've sprained both of them at various times, and I used to always have to train on strapping tape. I had chronic pain in my right ankle which pretty much ended my 2004 season. I could probably have kept playing but I'm glad I let it heal up. I was able to start kicking a ball around again with my ankle strapped by the end of 2005.

I did my ankle again something awful in our last game of the '06 season. I was playing in the backs in a pretty even final, then in the second half I went to take the ball off an attacker, and I think he must have slid to take it back, because he kicked my leg out from under me. Trouble is my studs held in the ground and something had to give. I had to be carried off because my ankle wouldn't take any weight.

So 20 minutes later I'm sitting on the sidelines watching our defence fall apart in a knockout game, and then we conceded a goal and I'm like "I have got to get back on there" (we play free interchange in our grade - come on and off as you like) so I managed to run on the damaged ankle again, but about 10 minutes later I took a ball from a throw in, went to boot it up field when my ankle just collapsed under me and I ended up on on my ass, watching the oncoming striker collect the ball, and kick it in the goal. Man did I feel a dick

Ended up unable to walk properly for about a fortnight - I thought that was going to be it, and I was going to have to check into a private clinic for a re-construction because I stupidly played on a sprained ankle, but I got lucky and I'll be back next season - probably doing more damage to myself.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Nothing too bad, I've had a few sprained ankles and over-stretched muscles when I used to play football (soccer).

Ive fallen off a skateboard at high speed going down a hill, I couldnt control the board and it hit the curb (i was in the road) and I flew off and skidded along the floor, half my side was grazed and I wrecked my phone.

Another time I was skateboarding (this is nothing spectacular and kinda embarresing) I was just going along along a side-walk, lining some grass about half a foot below it....basically I got too close to the edge and my foot slipped and twisted, I broke my ankle and my 'growing bone' (the bone that is in between each toe) twisted and the toe bone pushed out, leaving a huge lump out of the side of my foot.
Dislocated shoulder - skydiving (Ouch!)

Assorted upper body injuries(muscle injuries, dislocations,etc) - whitewater kayaking
"You cant fight in here, this is the war room!"
Quote by нαиd of вlood

I didn't spot that

My personal worst is when I went my first time snowboarding, had not a ****ing clue what I was doing, accidentally took the lift up to a Double Black Diamond and had to go down anyways. It was very windy and visibility was terrible so I was carving very slowly and not letting the board gain too much momentum, over time it did though. I did not see a tree and going far too fast, the backside of the board nicked a tree and instantly broke my right ankle. Then I fell above, and twisted legs around, breaking the right ankle 2 more times, and the left a total of 3 :[
Couldn't walk for 2 months.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
i once chucked a javelin and i wasnt concentrating and i didnt throw properly and the back of it smashed into the side of my head.

and this guy was playing doubles in tennis and he was like a tryhard and shit and he tried to hit every ball not letting his partner hit any and he accidentally whacked his racquet into the other guys head.

and my friends cousins friend was playing bowling and he put his hand into the thing where the bowling ball comes out and it like ****ing shaved of the skin on his hand.

and my friends friends brothers girlfriends cousins uncle was once doing archery and he was about to shoot and someone called out to him and he turned around, let go, and he almost hit someone and the plastic fins on the end cut his face and got him in the eye. ehuaheuaheuauehuae
Quote by Borat
lol, is cooking a sport now?

Extreme cooking like on white water rapids and shit.
Last summer I fell off of a horse. We were galloping...very quickly. I twisted my back and here almost a year later it is not completely better. Not to mention the lovely grass burn I got. I didn't even know you could get grass burn before I fell off that time.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
i played varsity football and my left lung callapsed and i had to get surgery and had to get a chest tube put in i was in the hospital for a few days then got out then for no reason 3 weeks later my right lung collapsed and it was even worse then the left one so i had to get 3 opperations on it. it was gay but the hospitals have lots of nice drugs
Quote by Cory Smash
I didn't even know you could get grass burn before I fell off that time.

You've never played any contact sports on grass then I take it? Hit grass at speed, especially with someone on top of you and it will rub raw. Leaves the raw skin nice and green too.,

I hope your back gets sorted eventually, humans aren't meant to be twisted at speed. Are you still able to ride?
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

broke my wrist in football (american) but thats about it.... also my shoulder blade on my left side is awkwardly out of place, but its not dislocated, so i should prbably get that checked out
Once upon a time, I was speeding on a bike and tried to stop. I didnt know the front brakes were so efficient! The bike stopped and ejected me, and i broke my TWO ****ing wrists. Then the ****ing bike falled on me. Damn did that hurt...