I've been wanting to try this for a while now, but it lists a lot of tools that I would need. I'm at school and don't have a lot of tools at hand. I could get a few, but I don't want to spend a few hundred on tools. Do I really need all of those or could I get by with just a few?

Also, any other input on the kit would be nice.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
seen em, im kinda skeptical about them.
but most of the stuff from stewmac is good quality.
and you could probably get by with just a few, but which ones im not sure
The stewmac kits are ok. The www.lmii.com kits are better than the stewmac kits. Don't buy the stewmac tool either. You will not need most of them. You will need lots of clamps, a good drill, a good block plane, a good 1/4" chisel and a 1/2" chisel, a cabnet scraper, a router, a trisquare, and a good yard stick. If you are really good then you could get by without the router. If you got lumber rather than a kit you would need to spend a couple hundred more on tools.
Not taking any online orders.
I have to say that his bump was justified. A lot goes on in 10 hours, and most people wont search through 3 pages to find HIS thread. He needed an answer, and so he posed his question again instead of making a new thread.

Therefore, :p

Maybe PM twelvestringtex, he bought some sort of kit, and might offer some insight for you on its quality.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
I have to say that his bump was justified. A lot goes on in 10 hours, and most people wont search through 3 pages to find HIS thread. He needed an answer, and so he posed his question again instead of making a new thread.

Therefore, :p

Maybe PM twelvestringtex, he bought some sort of kit, and might offer some insight for you on its quality.

Hey man - A bump is a bump. Just lettin' him know the rules. And it was only 10 hours. I sometimes get replies after a day or so.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Hey man - A bump is a bump. Just lettin' him know the rules. And it was only 10 hours. I sometimes get replies after a day or so.

hmm, thats not usually like you.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
i got the stewmac violin kit, the quality is good, pretty easy to put together(although that's only the violin there's a lot more to do with the guitar kits) but yeah, some of the tools you could probably get away without and some you could make for yourself to keep the money down, read up on the subject before as well, go for it and you should end up with a nice guitar.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
Thanks for the feedback guys.

1 quick question:
I know these are supposed to be great for fingerstyle and I want to use it to learn some classical music. Now, I don't know much about it other than nylon strings are good for classical. Can you put nylon strings on any acoustic or do they need to be specially made for nylon? I was wanting to do this project in hopes of putting nylon strings on it.

My acoustic now is alright, but it's not very loud at all for fingerstyle, plus the string spacing is a little close for me (and it's pretty cheap lol). That's what inspired me to get a OOO size so that I could fingerpick. I've also been wanting to try a kit for some time and I think this would be a nice start into guitar building. I'm pretty handy with tools and love the whole concept of DIY. Thanks again!
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
If you want to build a classical guitar then get the classical guitar kit from www.lmii.com. These will come with a blueprint so that you can build a classical guitar, and I think they come with an instructional video now too but I'm not sure. The classical guitar kits are cheaper than the steel string kits because you dont need things like trussrods, and the material in the smaller sizes is easier to find making cost less. If you are building the guitar, then you might as well build the guitar you are looking.
Not taking any online orders.
Thanks, those kits look nice. I think that's what I'll be doing. Now to start saving for the kit. Hopefully I'll be able to order it in 2 weeks or so.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX