I'm 17 years old and I've been struggling for almost a year now just to find another musician to start a band with, I've been posting ads on every single musician classifieds site for months now and every response I get is either too old or too far away, I honestly cannot see myself playing with anyone at school since I'm about to graduate soon. Is it easier to find musicians to jam with in college?
Coffeehouses, variety shows, etc. are great places. Go to local shows and try to chat with the band and ask if they know anybody. College/Uni is definitely an easier place to find musicans. Check local papers for adds. Look on telephone polls as you walk around. Put up random flyers. Honestly though, going to local shows or anything where there's live music is the best way. You're garunteed to find musicians there, and in general most musicians know a couple dozen other musicians, so once you meet a few, you'll probably hear about somebody that can refer you to somebody that knows someone that needs a band
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I have an easy time finding musicians in college, other than drummers

It is easier though, especially getting people to record you and the like.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Revalk
Coffeehouses, variety shows, etc. are great places. Go to local shows and try to chat with the band and ask if they know anybody. College/Uni is definitely an easier place to find musicans. Check local papers for adds. Look on telephone polls as you walk around. Put up random flyers. Honestly though, going to local shows or anything where there's live music is the best way. You're garunteed to find musicians there, and in general most musicians know a couple dozen other musicians, so once you meet a few, you'll probably hear about somebody that can refer you to somebody that knows someone that needs a band

Thats thing though, I don't know any musicians therefore I don't know any local bands or any shows around.
Well generally local shows are advertised:
- in the local papers
- flyers on buildings
- at the actual venues they're located
- flyers on lightposts/telephone polls
- at your school

Edit: Also, try going on myspace and searching your local area.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
COLLEGECOLLEGECOLLEGE

I'm serious,you'll find a living ton of musicians in college. You'll find enough to found 4 bands 4 times over!
Well I'm looking for a pianist/keyboard player to jam with, I play guitar and am hoping to be both lead vocals and lead guitars so it is extremely difficult for me to find a musician especially the same age as I am and wanting to play the same style as me (alternative)