Ohio deathcore heavyweights Cholera now call Monstrosity home.
Info is not on either MySpace until I have the signed contract in my hand, but you're hearing it from the source.
They head into the studio on April 13th to begin recording their 8 song debut EP for the label.

myspace.com/cholera
myspace.com/monstrosityrecordings
indiemerchstore.com/cholera

EDIT: Please, no reads then don't replies, I want all feedback, positive and negative
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Last edited by SilentSpectacle at Mar 7, 2007,
nice job, it sure seems like this label thing is picking up fast
are there any profits or just expenses at this point?
peel money rolls 'til our thumbs get tha papercuts

only member of the dragonforce is homosexual club
word
but have you seen any big paydays?

^Not yet, but with merch coming out and recording being done it won't be very long.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
band merch or monstrosity merch?

^Both actually.
MR shirts will be available soon,
and we have two bands with merch available,
two in the process.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
how much profit you get off of a 15 dollar shirt?

Well it would be a 10 dollar shirt, and they cost around 4 dollars to print at the most, so its a 6 dollar profit, because i'm going to sell them personally without the help of a webstore.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
ye, does the band see any money?

yo spencer let me know when you get monstrosity shirts i'll get one you know my AIM now so just hit me up
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Spence, you are seriously on a roll. Even though I don't like Cholera at all, I do know a lot of kids at my school who like them. So tomorrow, I shall spread the word that I'm friends (via internet lolz) with the label manager!

Anyway, excellent job man. I'm proud of you.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Sweetness, the vocals are a bit extreme for me but I like 'em.
-Zach
Quote by b_r_u_t_a_l
ye, does the band see any money?

Unlike most labels, who take most of the money, Monstrosity does a 50/50 label-band split.

Quote by shai_savant
yo spencer let me know when you get monstrosity shirts i'll get one you know my AIM now so just hit me up

The design will be done by Sclera Art, it's in the final processes. The design is actually an I Killed The Prom Queen design that the band rejected, so I bought it for a good deal. He has to re-draw the lettering though.

Quote by Disco Vietnam
Spence, you are seriously on a roll. Even though I don't like Cholera at all, I do know a lot of kids at my school who like them. So tomorrow, I shall spread the word that I'm friends (via internet lolz) with the label manager!

Anyway, excellent job man. I'm proud of you.

It's good to hear they have fans in Florida! For an Ohio band, they have a large fanbase in California where I am, but to hear they have fans all over the country is great news! Hopefully the new EP can change your mind about them too.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Yeah dude even though I'm not big on deathcore it's good to see you having success with your label! Wish you the best of luck.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Kudos man, Glad to see your dreams are taking off

Quote by SilentSpectacle
Unlike most labels, who take most of the money, Monstrosity does a 50/50 label-band split.

If I ever have good band that works out, Im signing with you.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Good catch I guess, their one singer kind of really blows (not sure which does which, maybe both of them blow in some apects), but they're not so bad musically.

The "hardcore" vocals and the pig squeel attempts are rather terrible
Last edited by i am the robots at Mar 7, 2007,
Well that was mean.

And honestly, you can't actually mean that those vocals I pointed out are better than mine (not saying I'm the best ever, just saying those vocals sounded like shit).
Haha well i'm just saying about 7000 people disagree with you on that vocal thing.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Yeah but Trivium sucks altogether and comparing any person who picks up instruments them just makes it all the more insulting
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by i am the robots
Well that was mean.

And honestly, you can't actually mean that those vocals I pointed out are better than mine (not saying I'm the best ever, just saying those vocals sounded like shit).

You come in here thinking you're the cream of the crop and have the strange delusion that you're the only person who is right. You're bound to get burned sometime. So here's a piece of advice: lose the attitude.

That is as nice as I can say it.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
I think what he said was fair.

Just because this band is good, doesn't mean he can't criticize them.

To be honest, the words chosen were a bit over the top, but they weren't an attack at the guy personally, as most people would have done.

And after all, not every comment you're going to receive about this band will be positive. Some people just don't like it or think it's good.

In conclusion, he was fair, but, you're a tit i am the robots.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
^I'll take that into account when I hear you do better.

So you do or you don't want positive and negative feedback on the band?
^That was far from constructive criticism, that was more of being a douche.
If he maybe said what he didn't like about it, instead of calling it shit, i'd be more respectful.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
He said he didn't like the vocals because they didn't sound good.

It's all opinion man, chilllll outttt.

Relax Max.
Take a chill pill Phil.
Calm down Margaret.

I'm out.