Hi,

I bought this tailpiece as an upgrade to my stock Epiphone Les Paul custom tailpiece. Bought it from here http://www.thomann.de/gb/tonepros_t...iece_metric.htm

I can't seem to be able to fit it into the body of the guitar it would seem the gold inserts in the guitar will not take the screws of the tailpiece. I'm disappointed by this as Thomann advertise it as fitting most asian guitars without modification (mine of course is asian). I guess that's the catch that it fits "most" asian guitars. The tailpiece isn't any wider or anything so I wouldn't think I've bought the wrong one.

Has anyone had any experiences with this kinda thing? I got the Tonepros TBTG bridge and that fits perfectly, although the saddles need doing as they have no grooves for the strings.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Steve
Did you actually measure between the posts/screw holes before you purchased it, or did you assume it would fit? Some of the guitars use metric hardware and others use imperial. Always double check that what you're buying is the same saze as what you require.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Well I wish I had now. I just took the item description as gospel and assumed it would fit!

The thing is the tailpiece length is exact same as the one I already have so that clearly isn't an issue. It's just like I said the screws don't fit the inserts - the tailpiece also comes with these grey inserts (at least I think they are inserts). So would I need new inserts, or take out the old inserts and try putting these grey things in or is this tailpiece absolutely no good to me and I need to send it back?

I got a tonepros bridge which I also made the assumptions it would fit and it fits in the old inserts perfectly.

Thanks for your reply,
Stevie
If you had pics, it would be easier to work out what the grey things are. Work out if the distance between the centres of the screw holes are the same on the new bridge and the existing one. If they are (and assuming the only remaining problem is screw diameter), you would have to take the old ones out by levering them with a screwdriver (carefully! Don't scratch your finish!) and install the new ones with a soft-faced hammer/mallet.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."