I'm a big deathcore listener, and i'm looking to find new bands to listen to.

I don't really care if they're generic or not, as long as all their songs don't sound the same.
^Seriously i've been a bit deathcore obsessed with the label and all.
Can't help it, when it's good, it's good.

My recent personal favorites (which i'm pretty sure you'll know of) are From A Second Story Window and Arsonists Get All The Girls.

Here are some you might not know:
Devour Thy Sins
myspace.com/devourthysins
The Breathing Process
myspace.com/tbp
The Red Shore
myspace.com/theredshore
Salt The Wound
myspace.com/saltthewound

Hope that helps.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
i'm not sure if these two are really what you're looking for but

all that remains - the fall of ideals
dead man in reno (self titled)

are bothe very good albums of the deathcore/ grindcore whatsit...
Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'intrate - Dante
Only the dead have seen the end of the war - Plato
?proxima quaque metit gladio? - Virgil
I dont know what youre listening to right now but the ones I like:

Underneath the Gun
The Faceless
All Shall Perish
With Blood Comes Cleansing
Knights of the Abyss

Plus others
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
^ Really? hahahaha thats too bad.

O and Black dahlia murder. People will tell you they are melo-death (which they are) but they're not too far from deathcore.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Beneath the Massacre are sweet, but I think they are closer to straight death metal.
Tiger style.
Check out any of the bands SilentSpectacle has posted threads about recently, they're all excellent, as well as the bands he recommended. The Red Chord is somewhat deathcorey, and I highly recommend them also.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by guitarwannabe16
^ Really? hahahaha thats too bad.

They don't play for less than 400 dollars.
I've booked The Faceless and Light This City BOTH for 350.
They're big headed.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
They don't play for less than 400 dollars.
I've booked The Faceless and Light This City BOTH for 350.
They're big headed.

Which is understandable, seeing as The Faceless has one of the fastest drummers I've ever heard. That guy makes my head explode on a regular basis.

Still, that does sound assholeish.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
^You know they have the guy from Brain Drill now, right?
I'm just saying that a band full of teenagers think they can charge 400 because they appeal to scenesters and are signed by a label (who takes advantage of young bands)
and how they think they can get more money than bands like The Faceless and Light This City is beyond me.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
The Faceless destroy. An autopsy is like my favorite song right now and it had like 40 plays the first day in about a half an hour.

As for UTG thats pretty lame. Not nearly as good as any of the other bands mentioned so far.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Light This City's singer is hot.

Also, my personal favorite "deathcore" bands shall now be listed, check them out:

Through The Eyes Of The Dead
All Shall Perish
Job For A Cowboy
Hacksaw To The Throat
The Red Chord
Viatrophy
The Damascus Intervention
From A Second Story Window
Dead Man In Reno
Bring Me The Horizon
Prayer For Cleansing
The Faceless
Animosity

Bolded are bands I actually hear hardcore influence in the music of, the rest are just commonly referred to as deathcore.
Last edited by i am the robots at Mar 7, 2007,
With Blood Comes Cleansing is a very good recommendation for straightforward deathcore. The Faceless are amazing, especially if you're into progressive technical stuff. Dead Man in Reno is a good recommendation as well. Check out Misericordiam while you're at it. Deathcore is huge right now and there are plenty of good bands to pick from.

Also check out Whitechapel.
That loser shit's right out the window!
Last edited by Cgc1215 at Mar 7, 2007,