Is there a big difference in sound quality, since i like the toneport for multiple guitar input and mic inputs... and I wasint expecting to pay so much for the Podxt... Is the sound quality similar? or.. what do you think is best?

planning to do for mosthly recording...
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
ESP Standard Horizon NT II transparent Cherry
Just to let you know:

You can't record 2 guitars at the same time.

Your options are:

Mic 1
Mic 2
Mic Stereo
Mic 1 & 2
Line 1
Line 2
Line Stereo
Line 1 & 2
Instrument
Instrument & Mic 1

I have a UX2 and like it because it's easy to use.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The second guitar input (PAD) is to be used with active electronics - it simply gives 6dB (correct me if I'm wrong) less gain than the normal input.

As for the quality, they should be more or less equal, containing the same modelling technology. For recording, I think the Toneport would be better. Especially if you also want to record, say, vocals or acoustic instruments. I have the UX2 as well and I'm very happy with it.
I see... But the POD is good for gigs and such, and seems more professional? but i havent tried any of the two...
ESP Fan
Owner Of:
I have a pod xt live and a ux2. I use the pod for all my guitar stuff, simply because it has more amps etc and i use the toneport for bass/vocals. They are pretty much the same in terms of quality.
Member of the Muse > any other band club
If only you had a mic and bass input on the pod!! :P
ESP Fan
Owner Of: