Not sure if this is the right forum but something really weird happened just now.

I plugged my guitar into my amp and could hear some really weird noises. So with the guitar volume control turned down I turned the master volume up to max on the amp and realised that I was picking up long wave radio from a country where arabic is spoken.

I mean wtf!?

I think the guitar was acting like an antenna and my lead providing a perfect conduit to the amp (planet wave right angled instrument cable, gold plated and shielded connectors)? When I unplugged the guitar the radio stopped so it must have something to do with the guitar.

Any ideas?
Gear
Guitar:
Maverick SF-1 Streetfighter
Epiphone SG G-400

Amp:
Behringer Vintager AC112
My bass used to do this. It's most likely due to poor shielding around the pickups on your guitar. The best way around this is to remove the pickups and re-shield the cavities either with aluminium tape or electro-shielding paint. I’d recommend getting this done professionally if you don't know what you're doing.
Also check the connections on your pickups, particularly the grounding, as this may also be a source for unwanted interference.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
haha yeah when I use my phone around my amp I goes "Beep Beep...Beep Beep" continously XD! It's messed, it drove me nuts for months until I realized it only happened when I was on the phone
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Try a different cable?
My Spider II picked up radio with a crappy cable which came with a guitar I bought.
I used a proper cable and it's fine.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
lol yea i was at my friend's place when i just bought my crybaby. hooked it up with his fender amp and tele, turned on the wah pedal and some indian radio channel comes out lol
and pressing the wah turns to something different or something :S weird and cool stuff lol
Quote by CobenBlack
mine beeps when i get a text on my phone

All speakers do that.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by phillyguitar
yup sounds like you got the answers

And hey I'm sure there are some radio stations in America that broadcast in Arabic

Yeh but I live in the UK and I don't know of any arabic radio stations here but oh well lol.

It isn't a cheap cable though.
Gear
Guitar:
Maverick SF-1 Streetfighter
Epiphone SG G-400

Amp:
Behringer Vintager AC112
Quote by anon52
I turned the master volume up to max on the amp and realised that I was picking up long wave radio from a country where arabic is spoken.

Record the broadcast and forward the tapes to your government, pronto!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Record the broadcast and forward the tapes to your government, pronto!

LOL all about hijacking taliban radio
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Its just bad shielding, like if you use headphones near a crappy pickup the sound will play through the amp.
At my old guitar teacher's we used to pick up trucker's conversations as they drove by. Sometimes it was funny shit.

"Hey Larry, you talked to that Sarah girl lately?"
"Well last time I did, Wendy was hiding in the back seat, and didn't do a very good job of hiding, so no."
<Insert other trucker laughing his ass off> "You foooool Larry."

And my computer speakers at home pick up a local radio station constantly. It's kind of annoying....
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride