Well if you want one, you'll only have to wait until December third to order!

[/spam]

Sry. I'll come back and make a meaningful post after class.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

March 12th actually :P
But that thing is damn cheap.
zwound, you could try ordering it from pillipood.ee
I think that if you choose to go and get it yoursef from them (I see you're in Tallinn) and you try it there and you don't like it then you can get a refund or something? Just say that this isn't what you expected and stuff. Then they should just keep it in the shop in Tallinn and sell it to whoever wants the damn thing.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Mar 7, 2007,
^ wow. can you describe what the sound's like, and what's it good for?
i've decided to bite the bullet on this one. i was going to go for a VJ, but seeing this thing on Thomann.de for only £66, i'm going to go for it, its just under a weeks wages for me so im not losing much on it. also, it looks cooler than a VJ combo
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
i've decided to bite the bullet on this one. i was going to go for a VJ, but seeing this thing on Thomann.de for only £66, i'm going to go for it, its just under a weeks wages for me so im not losing much on it. also, it looks cooler than a VJ combo

cool, hey add me on your friend's list..or make a thread once you get it, and put some sound samples. dying to see!
ill make a thread about it when i get round to it - can't get any sound sample atm but i will do when i get my recording set-up sorted, i tried out the VJ about a month ago so my memories of it are still pretty clear so no problems with a comparison either.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

that's so funny, they have the same face plate. switch and knobs. they just added an "eq" knob.
pretty cool.

i dont see a line out tho. and that tiny speaker might not get the job done.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by hairball
also, it looks cooler than a VJ combo

Quote by jj1565
that's so funny, they have the same face plate. switch and knobs. they just added an "eq" knob.

It's practically identical! If Epiphone doesn't make this amp for Harley Benton, they should sue.

But less expensive with a tone knob? I'd go for it, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
its hardly less expensive! 66 GBP is like 130 us dollars. You can get the valve jr for 140 at musicians friend plus its free shipping, PLUS its from a brand and dealer you can trust!

Just my opinion
It's cheaper than the VJ Combo in the UK. The VJ combo is around £90 (or a fair bit more on thomann.de) in most places.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by jj1565
pretty cool.

i dont see a line out tho. and that tiny speaker might not get the job done.

yeah, it is cheeky. Even calling it GA5 (gibbo did/do an amp called that).

But yeah, that's interesting. Do they have a head version?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by slatsmania

+1, slightly off-cream on top of a cream faceplate isn't a good look, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It will be more expensive, but Fender has a new 5W tube amp coming out within a couple of days called the Champion 600. I believe it will have a line out also.
^ yeah, that'd be nice... i think it has an ss rectifier, while the old champs had valve rectos, but in a single ended design, from what I hear, you can make silicon diodes sound pretty close to valves.

Um.

Peavey have one out/one coming out too, the royal 8. And the satch one... though it's a lot more cash. I think if I were going for the satch one, I'd just save up for a cornford, it's not that much more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You think that one will be as mod friendly as the VJ?

PSN ID: ArranP
^ remains to be seen, i guess. it could be virtually the same circuit...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thomann do well loads of cheap stuff, they sell 4x12 cabinets for £100
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by metallica_death
thomann do well loads of cheap stuff, they sell 4x12 cabinets for £100

...which are most likely POS. The fact that that amp is tube makes it better than, let's say: MG's.
I actually saw that thing a while back and considered making a thread. I've though about buying a VJ for band practice in the future and this thing looks a bargain. Gonna wait till I hear a little more about it though.

The 5w valve amp market is getting pretty big with the VJ, Peavey Nano Valve, Ibanez Valbee, Peavey JSX Mini, Gibby GA-5, Peavey Royal 8.

You know, if someone made something like a 30 watt VJ with the simplicity of just a volume knob I'd snatch that right up in a second. Something like the AC30BM but not ridiculously expensive.
Last edited by beckyjc at Mar 7, 2007,
Quote by mr_hankey
...which are most likely POS. The fact that that amp is tube makes it better than, let's say: MG's.

^ I'm not sure if 30 watts tube with only a volume control is a good idea... you'd really have to crank that thing... you're cutting out a lot of the market if you do that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?