I use pinch harmonics frequently, I just started playing rhythm with a hardcore, metal,metalcore style band, and the lead guitar player told me that I shouldn't use pinch harmonics because they can blow out an amplifier. Is this completely bogus or what.
So even if Im playing loud as crap nothing like that should happen. thats what I thought, if they blew up amps, then no one would use them.
doesn't sound likely, and if you look at all the pros that us pinch harmonics... besides, I can see no reason why it would happen, and I've never heard or herd of anything like this happening
dude tell your lead player to get his head checked. Have you ever seen Zakk or Dime blow up an amp using pinch harmonics??
**** that shit pinch harmonics rock, course they dont blow the amp.

weould be kool to see zakk blow his amp doing a pinch harmonic.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Is this guitarist George Bush by any chance?
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Turn it up real loud and see if you can blow your lead players eardrums!
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
It's like when people say that running an overdrive through the dirty channel of a valve amp can damage it. It's just not going to happen because the speaker is always put it to take more wattage than the amp can supply for a safety buffer.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Wow, that guy is a dumbass.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
See if he can PH. If he cannot do so very well, you then know why he told you that non-sense.
if it blew amps, people wouldnt do it, pretty simple
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

All a harmonic is is when the string is plucked or muted in a way that it phases out the orginal note, only letting the harmonic content through... (if that makes any sense, i know what it is, i just don't know how to explain properly). Basically if pinch harmonics were bad for the amp, simply playing the guitar would be bad for it. when you play an ordinary note the harmonic is still there, it's just drowned out by the main frequency of the string movement.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Is this guitarist George Bush by any chance?

+1
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!