Page 1 of 2
Not a bad choice better then what most magazines pick

e.g Spin said Interpol which is like no just no.
Finally, a music magazine with sense. My opinion is obviously biased because Pantera are my favourite band, but this is excellent.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
What a mad choice. Pantera have their moments, but you can cut everything they've done down to about an hour of real quality.
Revolver sucks, they're just doing it so they won't lose the true metal fans while they make article after article about Slipknot, Norma Jean, and Cradle of Filth.
Dickless.
Best band ever? I respect them and all, I'm not a metal fan though, but cmon! i think its a pretty crazy choice.
I don't see why people are angry at the magazine for printing this. It's a poll, thus was voted on by the public. Now, of course some people are going to disagree because, as always, it's a subjective issue, but the magazine is hardly at fault.

Quote by y2james2007 :p
Best band ever? I respect them and all, I'm not a metal fan though, but cmon! i think its a pretty crazy choice.

Agreed.
Dime would be happy.
wtf?! Korn on the top 5 greatest bands? they could lick my ass...
Pantera rules
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Quote by the_astronaut
Eww.

+ 1

ESPECIALLY EW considering Zakk Wylde was voted the hottest dude, what the fuck?

And also,

2 of Slayer's players got "best guitarist" and their drummer got "best drummer", yet they somehow weren't the best band?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Never listened to them! but Best Band EVER thats just taking it way too far about any band! There can be no best band ever and if there had to be they sure as hell wouldnt get my vote!
That sucks. Better than the normal choice, but Pantera?
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
I wouldn't say best band ever, more like Best Guitarist ever... though Dimebag was good, not the greatest probably... just.. Well, I'm not bothered actually
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Good band? Yes. Best band in the world? GTFO.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I'm glad that the people voted someone that had some impact and relevance in the metal world instead of just picking Slipknot, whom I like, or Aiden, who were on the cover once , but let's face it, those bands haven't had a lot of time to be relevant in the history of music, so Pantera is a pretty decent choice.
Korn?? WTF??
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Best band? nah.

At least its not Kerrangs farce where whatevers old/in gets '1337h4xx0rzb4nd'
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I don't really see what revolver are trying to achieve with this.

The whole idea of a magazine poll deciding what is the best band ever is just ridiculous, they could do the poll 20 times over and i wouldn't be suprised if they got a different best band ever each time.

I like Pantera, but i don't think they're the best band ever, if i had to give a best band ever, i'd say the beatles purely because of the incredible popularity they recieve.
Need.New.Sig.
Quote by SGRocker0791
As much as I like Pantera, there are many better bands out there.

+1
The heavy rockers beat Metallica and Korn to land the title in music publication Revolver. Slayer and Black Sabbath also made the top five list.

Meanwhile, Slayer's Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman shared the Best Guitarist honor and band member Dave Lombardo claimed the Best Drummer award.

Meanwhile, in the accompanying 2006 Reader's Poll, Tool was named Band of The Year, Korn claimed Best Live Band and Stone Sour and Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor was honored with the Best Vocalist award.

Meanwhile, Lacuna Coil star Cristina Scabbia and Zakk Wylde claimed the Hottest Chick and Hottest Dude in Metal awards

Yep, this list blows just as much as the other ones.
I honestly don't know why people post threads about these things, it seems we get hundreds of threads a week named 'Top 100 bands..' or 'Top 100 guitarists', who cares what these magazines think? Just because its printed doesn't make it true.

Edit: Pantera ftw!
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
who cares what these magazines think?

It's not what the magazine thinks, it's what the magazine's audience thinks.

Quote by Smokey Amp
It's not what the magazine thinks, it's what the magazine's audience thinks.

Most of the magazines audience are tools who think Linkin Park and Korn are "teh shredz0r!"

That's like polling 10 people, and relating it to the entire population of earth. 5 people like Korn in the poll, so that must mean 3 billion people like them.

Fuck I hate magazine polls!
So, to sum up the thread: I know it's opinion, but this opinion is wrong.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by Kryptonite_0194
I wouldn't say best band ever, more like Best Guitarist ever... though Dimebag was good, not the greatest probably... just.. Well, I'm not bothered actually

+1, Dime wasn't the best.

Anselmo, however, has the best voice ever.
Dickless.
While I do like Pantera to an extent, they certainly arent the best band ever.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
We all know the best band ever is Porcupine Tree.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Page 1 of 2