I need help choosing a new bass to play with in my band we play : Rock/Punk/Pop Punk

At the moment i play an epiphone Thunderbird and need a new bass!!!

money up to £900

Thanks neeed to know which ones to look for to try
i would personally suggest a warrick bass, i also play Rock/Punk in my band, but warrick may not suit you depending on how many frets you prefer to use, me am a 24 fret guy.
You have two choices if you want a punk sound.

Fender P bass
Or
MM Stingray

Stingrays have an uber powerful humbucker which has lots of punch and a good attack and the P bass gives you the punk sound of the 70s.

I would tend to lean to the P bass because of it's history. Most of the bands you'll be covering or trying to capture their tone as part of your own will use a P bass or a Stingray.

Stingrays are more expensive than P's though. For £900 you might be able to get a MIA P bass.
I recommend a MIA Fender P-Bass, i got mine for £675. The music man stingray is probably a little out of your price range at about £1000 and i would still say P-Bass for a real punk tone.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Guys have the idea already (p-bass or stingray), if you can afford a stingray I say go for it but if not, you wont go wrong with an MIA Precision.
+1 to all of the above except the guy who said warwick.

personally i don't think they have the feel for punk rock

alternatively you could look into a mia jazz bass and stick duncan 1/4 pounders in it, that held me through my punk band
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
This is why I love my Bass! It is an old P Bass clone I took the pickup out of. Some routering and 115$ later I now have a Duncan Reissue Musicman pickup in the middle position where the P Bass pickup was! (No it is not a neck position. A TRUE neck position Bass pickup is in Billy Sheehans bass)

But yes, I say go for the P Bass or a Musicman with a middle pickup. I dunno if the Musicman will be thick enough for punk.... I mean yes the pickup is one humongus tone monster, but it is simply the bridge position I don't really trust.

Also: cheaper Musicmans! http://www.olpguitars.com/olp_basses/musicman/mm2bass.htm
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/navigation/olp-bass?N=100001+202140+304263&page=1
They are pretty cheap. And I have played one. They ain't half bad.

Concidering that you have $900, I woudl suggest that you shoudl get the cheaper stingray, MAYBE replace the pickup with a Duncan Basslines overwound reissue Musicman, and spend the rest in a new amp!

Remember, when getting that awesome rig, only half the challenge is getting a sweet Bass! You cna spend up to 10G on that kickass Bass and it will still sound like shit through your 10W Behringer practice amp. :P
Get a P Bass and then spend the rest on a nice amp.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Musicman Bongo HH - Amazing bass however its slightly about your price range but it is possible to find it for cheaper, I saw it for £909 in january So it can be in your price range if your willing to wait for a sale
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive