Hi, one of the main factors that is helping choose what amp i get is wether it will be meet my requirements for live. So what i have at the moment is either the marshall JVM or Orange Rockerverb 50 with pedals or whatever. Now i want to see what the jvm is like first i.e tonally and if it fits the tones i need. If that fails, i was very much a fan of the Orange Rockerverb 50. The problem being, i can obviously only use two sounds from the amp during one song (im not going over to my amp during a song and changing things). I really liked the clean, the 'breaking point' sound on the overdrive channle, the crunch you can get and the full on distortion but i can't have all these sounds at my feet. unless i use other pedals. Here's were you come in UG...

How can i get the nice clean, very little overdrive, crunch, heavy rhythm and solo boots from a two channle amp with extra pedals? bearing in mind, for our band we play music basically based around bloc party, muse and foo fighters.

And if this helps, i want to keep my budget as close to £1000 as i can. I'm only 15 and saving up for nearly a year isn't easy.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Get a good OD pedal in your mix up too....Jekyll and Hyde, its got OD and Dist, and have the amp's footswitch, then you can have 3 types of OD/dist

set the amp on the lighter OD, kick in OD on the J&H for a crunchy OD, then for balls to the wall, kick in the OD and Dist on the J&H
Ok cheers, could i have a link for this?

also would a E.Q pedal be of any help to get perhaps more heavy tones if needed?
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
http://www.visualsound.net/Pedal_jh.htm

And yes, an EQ pedal could give you an extra boost for solos. Most of them also have a control for overall level boost/cut.

Also, don't forget the cool little thingy that all guitars come with - volume knob. That's one gain boost right there. If you have a LP type guitar (no master volume), then set the neck pickups volume lower and use it for rhythm, and the bridge pickup for lead.
yeah i spose, shame i don't have a LP style guitar though :p
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Have your cleans broken up, roll back a bit for a cleaner sound. 2 sounds in one right there.
Have your OD crunchy, and use a booster pedal for solo boosts and heavy rythm.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30