I have an acoustic guitar with a Seymour Duncan Acoustic Tube pickup (magnetic). I want to run it through my Korg AX3000G multi effects before sending it through my amp. However, at the moment, the acoustic signal is too low to be of any use. Will a DI box such as http://www.stagebeat.co.uk/product.php?product_id=3393 be any use, or do I have to get a pre amp?
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
oh man, i got the same problem with my AX3000g too (rockin pedal though). Its just that, the acoustic modeling sounds awesome, but i hate how quiet it sounds. I just turned down everything else to match its volume, but i wish there was another workwaround.

I think the DI box amp would work, but then everything else that runs through it will also get amped up to the max, so you'd have to turn it down when you get to those sounds.

If anybody has a better workaround, you should totally tell us, thanks
All a DI box does is balances the signal but dosn't really boost it but a considerable amount unless your going though a mixer where you could gain the signal. I think a pre amp is more to what you are looking for
OK thanks. http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=68175 would that Behringer Signal Booster work? It specifies it's good for boosting piezo pickups. My pickup is magnetic, so will that make a difference?
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Yes I think it will, I havn't used that specific pedal before but as it's Behringer you most likely need to need a noise suppressor after it to stop it from squealing.
like said the DI is used to simulate the tone a cab reproduces. sending directly into the mixer to pa or recorder.
it's an alternative to micing an amp.

they have boosts, like the MXR micro amp boost, but for the price of a boost ur probably better off buying a better acoustic effect.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011