7 78%
Randall RX120DHS
2 22%
Crate GT1200H/G412 **Fullstack**
0 0%
Crate GLX1200H
0 0%
Voters: 9.
Not sure on which one to get. I play lots of B4MV, Trivium, Atreyu, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Red Jumpsuit Apaaratus, Disturbed, SOAD, Children of Bodom, and everything in between. I already have a modded MT-2 and soon maybe an ML-2 and maybe an NS-2 if needed. Also, my dad plays his classical electric thin body a lot and plays a lot of older rock and light rock. But its much more for me than him.
None of those....None of those will get you the tone your looking for. If your going to look at B-52 look at the AT and ST series'. Cheap Randall is like cheap anything....not very good. And crate...well crate just leaves a lot to be desired. Your going to have to look around a bit more... Whats your price range?
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Either try and save up a little more for a used 5150/6505 or take a second look B-52 AT. $600 should be close to getting you a B-52 half stack from Musicians Friend. Go try and find one to play, then if you find you like it buy it off of MF. But unless you need the thing right away for gigs I would save up a bit for something better...something around the $1200 price range would be good.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
a peavey XXX40 watt combo. that will doo you just great.

i think they are around 600 new. correct me if im wrong. im too lazy to look it up
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I forgot to add this to the last post....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier?sku=481303

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-ST100A-100W-AllTube-Amplifier-Head?sku=481302

These are both al tube and not far from your range. I know its not a half stack but its really the cheapest head your going to be able to get without being disappointed. I mean they are 50% off!!!!

But if you dont need a half stack tubadude brings up a good point. The XXX is good....I definetly prefer the 6505...a lot of people feel the cleans will be better on the XXX and it will have the gain you need. Plus it is probably versitile enough for your dad to be able to use.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die
Quote by Crimson_Eve
I forgot to add this to the last post....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier?sku=481303

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-ST100A-100W-AllTube-Amplifier-Head?sku=481302

These are both al tube and not far from your range. I know its not a half stack but its really the cheapest head your going to be able to get without being disappointed. I mean they are 50% off!!!!

But if you dont need a half stack tubadude brings up a good point. The XXX is good....I definetly prefer the 6505...a lot of people feel the cleans will be better on the XXX and it will have the gain you need. Plus it is probably versitile enough for your dad to be able to use.

+1 but he needs a cab. i heard teh b-52's pwn
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
B-52's are good budget tube amps, but if he isnt in need of a stack, which sounds like he dosent, he can get the XXX combo for the same price. more gain, better cleans. (compared to the B-52's ive played. some say different.)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Also looks at the Peavey Windsor.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
thanks guys, i think im just gunna keep saving to get maybe a used XXX head and cab. or should i get a 6505 cab?
Yeah man...6505 all the way. Keep in mind that the 5150 and the 6505 are the same amp just with a different name. So a used 5150 will do you well also... I'd go for that and a cab. Or just save up for new. The 6505/5150 has a much darker tone to it than the XXX, which I think will suit your needs much better, plus its cheaper.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Santana

Thrash will never die