I have been looking around everywhere but getting mixed reviews which leaves me more confused than i was at the begining. The Celestions i gained interest in were 60 watts, but my amp is a 30 watt amp as so this wouldn't work right?
Also i'm looking for a heavy heavy metal tone and i am not sure if Celestion should be my number one choice. I was checking out the 10 inch tube speaker but that too is 60 watts.

ANY help at all is very much appreciated,

Thanks very much.

Ray.
Your amp will push a 60 watt speaker just fine. It will actually make the amp a bit louder than before. Honestly I would advise putting a Celestion Blue in the thing to really make it boogie, however a vintage 30 would also sound good. As far as making it a heavy metal machine, I would advise looking into a good distortion unit and maybe a graffic EQ. Good luck.
Thanks for your reply mate, but i just attempted to put in a 12 inch celestion vintage 30, but there was no way this was going to fit into this amp, the speaker is huge, pity i was really looking forward to hearing the difference as the stock VOX speaker is cheap and nasty.

Thanks for your info i'll looking into it. As for distortion i can't find a distortion pedal that works so well with this amp, i am about to change the tube out for a JJ EC883 12ax7 and hopefully the speaker then i'll see what happens. I am currently using th Kerry King 10 band eq which makes a good difference.
maybe they dont make a 10" blue^ not sure.

i bought a couple of weber speakers for my rig. they are handmade, didnt come in yet. but i guess i just didnt want a Vintage 30.

eminence makes some nice speakers for the money too.

dont worry about the higher watt ratings. just make sure u match the ohms. and inches across the face.

for 10" u can check out the g10 celestion.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 7, 2007,