So I couldn't really find a good thread with this in it...

I just recently started working on some soloing in my band (I had just been playing rhythm stuff before) but the only scale the other guitarist is familiar with is the pentatonic scale, so that's what we use in every song. I am somewhat familiar with the chromatic scales (which I don't like using as much) and what I believe is a major scale but I'm not all that familiar with that either.
So, just looking to expand my soloing skills, what other scales are out there to use?
look in UG's lesson section for lessons on Scales.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
extended scales, basically it can be pentatonic extended and others that go up three octaves instead of just two and use more of the neck,or foriegn scales as kumoi pentatonic scales they give a differnt sound to them just look some up on UG guitar lessons and there will be a few
Quote by marko'd
extended scales, basically it can be pentatonic extended and others that go up three octaves instead of just two

All scales cover the entire fretboard.

Learn the major, harmonic minor, melodic minor, and all of their modes.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.