Page 1 of 2
I really like that new song mate... It has a real arabic feel to it, wich gives the song a lot of soul! Also the guitar playing is really nice, the vocals are brilliant and fits the song very well!
To be honest with you, its one of the best songs I have ever found on ultimate guitar!
Im kinda speachless...

Thumps up! 11/10! That was 'kin amazing!
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
thanks alot man. it makes me feel all smiley inside when you say that. i'll check out your stuff later. right now i'm supposed to be writing an essay lol!
Too cool for a signature.
wow, this sounds COOL, vocals should be less throaty...? But sounds great, I liked it when the chorusey bit came in. The verse sounds awesome as well. I love the eastern feel. Harmony guitars were good, and the overall production sounded brilliant, it fitted really well.

The only thing I'd change is - on the verse it would sound better if you just stuck to using the mixoldian mode rather then tgoing all harmonic minor. But your the musician so it's up to you. Great job, 10/10.

Crit mine> links are in sig, pick one (you dont have to now if your doing an essay though)

EDIT: also might wanna change the name incase people get confused with tha Dream Theatre song...
Last edited by sam i am at Mar 7, 2007,
oh. i've never heard the dream theatre one. thanks for the crit. i actually didn't know i was using that scale. i just played what sounded good.
Quote by chrisatgrace
thanks alot man. it makes me feel all smiley inside when you say that. i'll check out your stuff later. right now i'm supposed to be writing an essay lol!

No problem mate!

You know what, I also have to do a german essay...
I hate the german language!
Anyway, once again, keep up the good work!
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by chrisatgrace
oh. i've never heard the dream theatre one. thanks for the crit. i actually didn't know i was using that scale. i just played what sounded good.

heh thats pretty good for playing by ear... I'm guessing you haven't done the whole song like that though
do you mean in that type of sound? only a couple times.

or without thinking of scales? in that case, i write all my music without scales.
thanks. vibe is what i try to specialize in, cause i'm not a super great guitar player, or a very good singer.
I don't know why but the vocals remind me of a Beatles style, I like it.
I look just like Buddy Holly.
thanks for the crit

i like the actual music in the song ithink it sounds pretty good and has an original feel to it kind of refreshing but i wasnt really digging the style of vocals. it sounded like u were chanting the same tone over and over again. it didn't sound too bad but i think it would really bring a hell of a lot more life to the song with vocals that are more upbeat and show a little more expression. but thats just picking on the vocals everything else sounded good seems like u have a good ear for instrumentation if thats a word, tho i wish it would have got a little more heavier somewhere in the middle but thats just my tastes. ill look forward to more of ur stuff.
thanks alot. i tried to make the vocals chant like, because i thought it would go well with they aribic type guitar work.
Quote by chrisatgrace
thanks alot. btw cizzie, you're very pretty.

Uhm thanks, I guess, hehe.
That was really good.For the most part the production was very well done.The only thing I found hard on the ears was the chorus vocals and the lead in the middle of the song had a very sharp pinch to it tone wise.It had a great vibe and interesting sounds.Wondering how you got that sitar sound....?The whole thing sounded nice and full which is one of the hardest things to do imo.

Like somebody said about the name though.A Change of Seasons could confuse people and almost take away from your song because DT's one is epic.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
ok thanks alot. i just used a clean guitar with reverb and the tone turned all the way up for the "sitar sound"
Thanks for the crit. I agree with you about Cizzie (haha - Netherlands). I liked your new song. I liked the chanting and the percussion was great. The chorus part was very good. I think you are using a harmonic minor scale, actually - which is used in many arabic/oriental sounding songs. Great job, though. I can't see anything wrong. The tone is great and the harmonized solo thing sounds really good. Good job.
I think there's too much reverb on the vocals, but they're laid back like the music.

I don't like the Arabic feel but I'll try to stay away from that biase for the rest of the song.

The multiple tracks saying different things makes the words hard to understand.

The harmonized guitar sounded great.

I liked the ending too.

Good stuff, just not really my style, crit mine please?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541115
Awesome stuff dude. Voice is good, would love to hear it with vox recorded a little better. Some of the stuff where there are 2 vox going at once it can be a little.... odd to say the least, but nonetheless, cool stuff
I ****ing loved the intro part, with the bongos and chimes.

It sounds very professional, especially the vocals, and the reverb on the guitar, you got the amount exactly right.

The only thing I'd suggest to alter is the feedback part in the intro, it gets a bit too loud. maybe you could compress it down.

Nice job 9/10.
sorry for the late reply, you asked me to crit your other song... about a week ago, but i saw a new one up so i thought id go for that!

this is pretty cool, pretty original sounding... arabic stuff always gets me interested haha! i was kinda hoping for a bit of a fast breakdown somewhere in the middle to sort of mix up the song a little more, but it never came :P keep up the nice work man
thanks alot everybody. ^ yeah, i didn't think of a fast breakdown till the end, and i didn't want to have to rerecord lol
yeah i like your stuff, i've actually come back to listen to this song more than once haha, keep it up dude
#99 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.

the doors, led zeppelin, grateful dead, rolling stones, yes, yardbirds, neil young ,csny, elo, elp
Quote by chrisatgrace
thanks alot. i tried to make the vocals chant like, because i thought it would go well with they aribic type guitar work.

ya no prob. ya it seems like thats more of ur vocal style it sounds good but i guess im just not used to it. i think a really nice heavier bridge with vocals to match would compliment the entire song and make it perfect imo. its great now but i would def recommend working on something like that in the future. the song kind of reminds me of a mellow godsmack sort of like "voodoo".
Very good, musically better than anything I could do.
Vocals are good, could be improved though.
sounds very tool inspired to me.
hey dude i just listened to your songs right before you crit mine! i have to say they sound pretty excellent, and like a bunch of other people have said its really creepy sounding in a good way! it was really well done dude keep playing and get famous!
thanks. i try to infuse rock and groovy rythems. guess it sounds creapy. jk
Loved it. Very melodic and the lead licks cut through perfectly without overpowering the song which really set it off for me. The vocals really brought the song together harmony wise. All in all good song dude.

PS:Thanks for the crit.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
very good quality recording. Creative and not the kind of song i'ld like to listen to whilst stoned :0

I don't really like the effects you put on the vocals but it does suit the song, it's just not my kind of thing. Props to you for creating music with such texture though, must have taken some time.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
the main vocals are just multitracked, and the backing has reverb if you were curiose. thanks for your comment!
Page 1 of 2