Hey I bought the Crate half stack 1200 and I didn't know it was notorious for an insane whining noise at high gain and volume. So I was wondering if there was a way to fix it or if a Ns-2 noise suppressor would work.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
yes it will work, but it might also ruin the tone. Try it out and see if you still like the sound of the amp with it.
WTLTL 2011
Best thing to do would be go to a shop where you can set your rig up with the NS-2 and see how it works. If you can live with the changes to the tone, it works for you, and if not, you could try fitting your tone around the changes.
it may cut out much of the sustain too
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Damn, seems like I might be S.O.L . Does anyone know what the cause of the squeeling is with these amps?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
^ shit design?

I dunno, the decimator works pretty well, but it depends what the squealing is... if it's totally uncontrollable feedback, it's debatable how much use a noise gate will be... best bet, as already mentioned, is to take your rig to a shop to try it with the pedal... bear in mind, for a boss ns2 to do much, you need to run things into its loop.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well the squeeling only happens when I'm on the solo channel with the Gain over halfway or the Level over halfway. Is that the head or the cab?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
^ it could be several things, unfortunately. it could be your pickups, it could be the head, not too sure if it could be the cab, but i guess if things are vibrating at the wrong frequency, maybe. it could also just be the fact that you're playing it too loud in a small enclosed space.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know it isnt the pick-ups or small enclosed space. Whatever I am going to try the NS-2. If it isnt good I can always re-sell it on ebay.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
ns-2 is no good if you're using it with an amp. believe me i own it. i'm trying to sell it. want one? $50?

either that, or get an ISP Decimater, best $120 i've ever spent.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I've heard very good things about the ISP Decimator. They claim it doesn't rob your tone. You might also try a new guitar cable, and try not to stand so close to your amp when you play. Good luck.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
there is a lot of confusion about the NS-2, but i have good luck with mine. for some reason, they do better work when you run through their loop than their normal input. i stick an empty 1/8 to 1/4 plug adapter (you know, they always come with bigger headphones) in the INPUT, and that allows me to run my signal straight into the RETURN jack, and then out of the OUTPUT to the amp. however, my new randall has some noise when i crank up the gain, so i may start putting the NS-2 in the amp's FX loop.
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I know it isnt the pick-ups or small enclosed space. Whatever I am going to try the NS-2. If it isnt good I can always re-sell it on ebay.

i do the same thing.. buy pedals used on eBay, try them, and then re-sell them if they don't work out. sometimes i even make money on it, but my main goal is to just get back what i spent so i can buy something else. i bought my NS-2 that way and it's a keeper.
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!