Page 1 of 13
Since people are adament to continue posting in this thread without checking the date:

VOTING HAS ENDED!

If you wanna see the results, go HERE

Right, I know that a lot of people are sick of the publications of 'Top 100 Guitarists' lists in Rock magazines and how they seem to be compiled from an inadequate source due to the magazines tainted demographic.

UG is a website that appeals to musicians of all preferences and would be a good place compile a list of top guitarists. Now, this idea may have been done before in the form of 'Post your favourite guitarist', but this is different. I'm going to let this run for a week (if the Mods don't close it) and by the end of the week I'm going to calculate the results into a 'UG's Top 100 Guitarists' list. That way, there can be little argument.

I know that it is a subjective issue, but I believe doing it this way gives us the opportunity to forge a list that more people can agree on. I'm pretty sure this has never been done before, if it has, please inform me.

So, that's it. I'd hope that people from other forums will participate so as to not only receive answers from Pit dwellers.

Okay, so post the name of the guitarist who, in your mind, is the greatest guitarist to ever grace our ears.

My vote goes to Satriani.

Please read this edit before posting!

EDIT: If you're going to include more than the guitarist's name in your post i.e. an opinion, please bold the name of the guitarist so it is easily distinguishable from the rest of the post.

Any posts straying to far from the proposed formula will not be counted.

YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE GUITARIST

I'd really like everyone to participate, even the Mods. (Plus, it'd be interesting to see which types of music the Mods like)
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Nov 2, 2007,
Herman Li
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Only one? uhhh Eddie Vah Halen!... If I could have two... also Randy Rhoads

ӨήӘ
ŝ
ĦĒŘ
ĿÎҜξ
Ǐ
ĐӨ♥ ♥ ♥

I know I'll never be your Mr. Right
But I'm happy to be your Mr. That'll Do For Tonight
John Frusciante (dun dun dun!)
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by MistaHeartBreak
Only one? uhhh Eddie Vah Halen!... If I could have two... also Randy Rhoads

Only one. Also, if you're going to post more than just the name of the guitarist, then please bold the guitarist's name for tallying purposes.

David Gilmour and Robert Fripp.I can't single out one of them as my personal favorite guitarist because their styles are so different, and they have both been huge influences on guitar playing.
There are a lot. My opinions:
1_ SRV
2_ Steve Vai
3_ Joe Satriani
4_ Gary Moore
5_ Yngwie Malmsteen
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Jason Becker
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Rockwolf
Dimebag, flame me all you want but he's my favourite

Hopefully there won't be any flaming in this thread. Everyone is just stating their opinions. Dimebag is a good choice anyway, he's my second favourite guitarist.

Quote by ch715dallat
Alexi Laiho/ Ruppe Lattalla(sp?)

I think you mean Roope Latvala.
My vote goes to Dimebag.
RULE BRITANNIA
Dimebag Darrell
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix, Hendrix,
the time i burnt my guitar was like a sacrifice. you sacrifice the things you love, i love my guitar-jimi hendrix
Noel Gallagher...Na, in all seriousness I vote for Jonny Greenwood as he's my favorite guitarist and he isn't afraid to try new things to improve his guitar playing.
If I had to pick one, then I guess I'd vote for Steve Vai, but I think it would work better if we could have three, because I really don't know who to put as my first (or even top 3)
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Randy Rhoads

ӨήӘ
ŝ
ĦĒŘ
ĿÎҜξ
Ǐ
ĐӨ♥ ♥ ♥

I know I'll never be your Mr. Right
But I'm happy to be your Mr. That'll Do For Tonight
Quote by frankv
Stone Gossard all the way. I like his riffs.

And mike mccready!

they two are described by rolling stone magazine as "a four handed guitar monster"
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by buckethead_jr
Frank Zappa

I'm Going to that Firewind gig! aswell obviously, didn't know anyone liked them

my pick is either Gus G (personal fave) or Jack White

I'll go with Jack White, let the flames begin but he's my fave even though he isn't as technical as others
Quote by flambe chicken
What if someone posts twice with two choices?

Second post is discounted.