Thinking about downsizing from my JCM 900 4100 head to a boutique low watt amp. Maybe 20 watts or so? I'm using a 1960A cab w/ V30's. I want to keep the tonal qualities of the JCM 900, FYI and do not want a solid state or modeler.
Play coverband music from Bodies to Bryan Adams.
well Bryan Adams uses a marshall of some sort, so you could look into the jcm900 combo, i think its 50 watts though.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Peavey classic 30

whats your price range?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I should of mentioned...I have a JCM 900 4502 combo, too and price really isnt an issue. I want something that I dont have to use an attenuator with. I was doing that for a while and I wasnt happy with the tone. I want an amp I can crank to 10 and get that power tube distortion, but not kill everyone in my band and at the pubs.
Quote by smb
Boutique with classic tone? Have you checked out Carr?

No, I havent. Which one?
cornford hurricane, that's darn nice (around 18/20 watts). Some of the cornells are nice too. hear good things about carr, victoria, and the like, but haven't been able to try them, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
check out Cornford Hurricane

edit: oops, Dave beat me to it
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

^

i absolutely love that amp!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?