Sorry if you hear this question often.

Anyway. I Play metal, rock, hardrock and stuff. I've been playing for more then half a year. I prefer d'addario strings.

Any advices what gauge I should use?

Many thanks, Scarlatti.
Last edited by Scarlatti at Mar 7, 2007,
gauge.

Use lighter gauges if you're going to do a lot of bends or shred style playing. 9's or 10's

Use heavier gauges if you want a really fat thick tone, with chugga. 11's and up.
Quote by Jimmy94
gauge.

Use lighter gauges if you're going to do a lot of bends or shred style playing. 9's or 10's

Use heavier gauges if you want a really fat thick tone, with chugga. 11's and up.

And what is, like the middle gauge?
9s with 10s or 1s on the wound strings(i think you get a pack like that, dunno tho)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
get a set of di'arddio xl's.

i can't remember but i think the wound strings are tens and the upper ones are 9's

or eleven and ten.

can't remember.
go for the heavier gauges if you are in to drop tunings
they keep the tension better so it stays intune even with the low tuning
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Heavier guages give a better tone, in my opinion. They're a bastard to play, but worth it for the sound.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.