Well, I've finally decided to get my Marshall fixed, and that means I find myself in need of a new OD pedal!

I used to have an MXR Zakk Wylde 44 OD that I used with it, but I ended up selling that one to help fund accessory purchases with a new guitar. I also find myself wanting a pedal with more clarity.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if I should just go with the BOSS SD-1, or go all out and get a Maxon 808 OD? (I figure it's basically a tubescreamer for less money). The shop I'm taking my amp up to is selling the 808 new for $119 USD, which seems like a really low price for those kinds of pedals. I've played the SD-1 a long time ago, but have never got a chance to compare the two side by side.

I play music like In Flames, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquility, basically any melodic/heavy metal. I also like to play punk like Rancid, Pennywise, Anti-Flag, and the Unseen from time to time.

EDIT: Also some metalcore/NWOAHM too. Avenged Sevenfold, Shadows Fall, Trivium, As I Lay Dying.

Help would be appreciated
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Last edited by FlightofIcarus at Mar 7, 2007,
compare them if at all possible.

if you can't, it depends on the type of stuff you want to play, but I'd say maxon.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well if you like the Maxon for the sounds you want, go for it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30